Originally Posted By: JetStar
Quote:
I have to count the number to times people go to church.
I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con.
I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride.
And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect…in the 21st century.
But most of all, the biggest new requirement, really the only requirement is that I have to hate Democrats.
And I have to hate Chris Christie for not spitting on the president when he got off of Air Force One.

Noone has addressed my points yet. It is hard for me to see you all jumping on the Paul and Cruz bus when they are so wrong on so many fundamental issues. Here are a couple.

1) Gay Marriage
WHY DOES ANYONE CARE who marries who? How does it hurt anyone? Why would you want to get in between two people that love each other? Amazing.

2) Abortion
SMALL GOVERNMENT except for the most intimate decision a woman could make about HER body. You talk about intrusiveness? There is nothing more intrusive than making a woman have the baby of the man who RAPED her.

I just cant take these people serious on any point when they take this kind of stance on these issues. I mean denying science, and thinking that default would not tank the world economy is just plain ignorant in my honorable opinion.

Paul thinks those should be decided at the State level. Personally I dont care who marries who and have always leaned pro choice.

I just think that beside things like intentional wealth transfer, regressive taxation, and surveillance/police state.. those issues fade to literally nothingness in relative importance.

You say that you cannot take anyone serious who has certain stances on those issues. You, and, unfortunately a lot of people. Thats why they are called wedge issues, and are spotlighted so hard by the Karl Roves of the world. Because they place a wedge between otherwise reasonable people on meaningless issues that are intended to be a distraction away from important issues.

Its the most blatant, yet most effective political sleight of hand play.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)