Quote:
Apparently you dont know what epistemic closure is, because you have been frequently misapplying it.

Disagree with misapplying. Way I use the term - extreme version of confirmation bias to the point that everything is self-referential. 'If you don't understand my explanation, read previous sentence in this post or you are wrong' kind of thinking.

Simplified example: political right's belief that cutting taxes is always beneficial for the economy that flows into small government that flows into hate of deficit spending. None of these concepts are necessary wrong, but when you loop them and ignore everything else - they lose intellectual coherency and becomes dogma. If I were to point out that cutting taxes during recession will inevitably increase deficit spending I get blank stares and get accused of "extreme hyperbole".

This is in a way a framing problem compounded by indiscriminate poisoning the well. You won't hear any arguments that are not framed on your terms, and if I try to fit my arguments into such limited frame then it inevitably creates coherence problems.

I have offered this demonstration before - I can channel conservative views without average person being able to tell that I do not share them. At the same time I sincerely doubt that you could fake a convincing liberal for anyone but your fellow right-wingers.

[Linked Image]