Originally Posted By: RedKGB
And lastly, I have said this before and I will say it again. Both parties are fucking us over, both parties have been lyeing to us for generations. Thier power comes from setting us against each other. We are all on the same side, the day we stop with this petty fan boy apporach for one party or anthoer, is the day we can start takeing the steps needed to return the power of this country back to people, of the people, and for the people.
You're right Red, and the parties do try to keep us contentious with each other so they can do what they want while we're busy tilting at windmills.

But, and this is a pretty big but, as a people we do fundamentally disagree on the best way forward. Sinij would have the government assume control of large swaths of our lives because we're just not capable of taking care of ourselves or our neighbors. Derid would have as small a government as possible to allow us to succeed or fail by our own devices and still be big enough to protect us from outside forces. There are myriad viewpoints in between and many even on the fringes of those two.

Too often here (Derid is least likely to be guilty) we, myself included (hell, just look at my previous post), attack each other or each other's political affiliations without addressing the actual subject of debate. I think we should stop blaming the parties and start discussing what change we would like to effect and why. We should debate OUR ideas rather than the latest attempt by the politicians to keep us from thinking or looking behind the curtain. Assessing, challenging and reassessing our ideas is how we will grow and how we can truly compromise.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]