Originally Posted By: sinij
For the record, I am not looking forward to going back to more contentious style of debate we had earlier. I am trying to be as civil as humanly possible in a political debate. I will appreciate if you could extend me the same courtesy.
Ok

Its not grandstanding when they are doing what millions of their constituents called, wrote and told them to do.

Originally Posted By: Sinij
'Obamacare' as we know it today is largely republican legislature that was passed by democrats trying to reach bipartisan compromise.

You must be joking. You claim to want civility in our discussions and then you whip out your flame thrower and proceed to liquify your credibility. Obamacare is such a "bipartisan compromise" that they couldn't even legally pass it out of the Senate without resorting to tools that are reserved for passing budgetary measures.

Senator Max Baucus takes credit for writing Obamacare and he admitted in an interview that he hasn't even read it, he "hire[s] experts" for that kind of "menial task." Whoever these "experts" are, they are obviously not Congressmen.

Do you think ideal democratic legislature would have been anything short of single-payer?
No, but they knew that the American people would not allow that to happen. Even their "compromise" garnered such public outcry as has seldom been heard over legislation in this country.

shouldn't GOP own up to Bush's crazy spending years and pick up political cost check?
You're deflecting but... When have you read any of us defending Bush's spending? But just for shits and giggles, what do you propose that "check" consist of?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]