Damn you Derid. I was happy in my ignorance... ;)

Enacted Laws
There are 153 enacted bills and joint resolutions so far in this session of Congress.

How can you possibly be expected to know what is legal and what is not when Congress is passing laws faster than you can read them?

Passed Resolutions
There are 613 passed resolutions so far in this session of Congress (for joint and concurrent resolutions, passed both chambers).

I'm so glad that my representatives have this much free time to participate in the national popularity contest that our politics has devolved into.

At the President
There are 21 bills that are awaiting the president's signature.

Active Legislation
There are 333 bills and joint/concurrent resolutions that had a significant vote in one chamber and are likely to get a vote in the other chamber.

Yay, more for the "dear god, how many new laws do I have to read?" pile.

Inactive Legislation
There are 10,402 bills and resolutions that have been introduced, referred to committee, or reported by committee and await further action.

Really? Over 10,000. There are only 500 some odd folks "serving" in the Senate and the House. This is ridiculous. We need to bring these worthless bastards home, let them telecomute for voting and debating purposes, have them be locally answerable to their constituents, and decentralize the lobbying/law writing machine in D.C.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]