Originally Posted By: Drakiis
However there is one fundamental key that some are missing, and that is the KGB Constitution and Articles of Confederation. While I love Rock and understand his choices, he has violated KGB policy and is in another guild while we have a official faction active in the same game.

Yes we made a exception with Bear, but that had more to do with Bear being afraid to speak up about his desires, his confusion about what to do about it, and his lack of knowledge about KGB policy. Rock knows these things, and this time if it comes to a vote, as much as it will pain me I will vote no for his return especially if it is for DFO, perhaps for a different game a exception would be made.



Well, let me handle this a section at a time. Sorry bro, but this is inaccurate at best. Rock did not violate KGB policy. He resigned from KGB. There is a difference. the policy states that he could not be an active member of KGB and be in another guild in a game we have a closed faction in. His resignation covers that aspect. And counting myself, there are a mmyriad of KGB'ers who have left the clan and most if not all find their way home. Faulting Rock for this decision simply because he wanted people who play in his time frame in a game he loves and was not being fulfilled by KGB itself in is ludicrous and a knee jerk reaction. We have already seen far to many of our membership leave the game for a variety of reasons. Some I agree with, some I don't, but no one is saying come play Darkfall or get the hell out.

I would like to say that in MY OPINION, I feel it is both the guilds fault and the games. Since we do exist within we are responsible with providing a well balanced and fun experience the best we can for all our members. Unfortunately as Kaotic said, the game is in decline. While we are struggling with providing a unified KGB presence for the members to interact with, the game itself has stifled any growth and made functioning at such a consistent level damn near impossible. In closing it is not any of you who are at fault, and it is not Rocks.

It is KGB's fault, the leaderships fault, Darkfalls fault, and mine for not representing members properly and being able to help design policy that can minimize the loss of members. No one should ever be hassled for wanting nothing more then to have fun, and sometimes I feel our policies are too strict to allow people to do that, but then I realize keeping our integrity is just as important.


So much right here it's hard to speak to, but in the end, it is the "design" of KGB that is both Angel and Devil. Were we the normal one game guild, it would be different. We could design policy, procedure and plenty which says get your ass in DFO and like it or leave. KGB is not that and won't ever be, which is both blessing and curse. I honestly am still having a blast in Darkfall. I get that many of you are not. Rock found he needed more than just that. You left because you hated the game mechanics. But your still around and "perhaps" Rock will come back one day wanting his chair at the table. Having known him when he was CoTP, I kind of doubt it. But that is my own opinion only.

At the end of the day, he is gone. We are here. KGB DFO will survive or it wont, but KGB will keep on, so it goes.
We wouldn't be who we are if we didn't maintain our ideals, and sometimes to do that you make sacrifices or choices that are not popular. I will miss Rock, because I felt his presence in discussion here on the Oracle, and from what little interaction I had with him in vent he was a good soul. Unfortunately he couldn't find what he needed here, and for that we all lose.


[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]