The KGB Oracle
Posted By: shalron Rock N Rolla - 08/08/10 11:49 PM
Hey guys im here to say im switching to black its nothing personal just ATM black fits my play style most likely once DF2010 comes out i will be back to kick some ass with you guys your all aces in my books and ill see you in town and around so keep on playing and having fun ill drop in and say hi. thanks guys like everyone of you.

sincerely,
TheReal RockNRolla
Posted By: Mamacita Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 01:10 AM
omg what the hell for you need to stay with KGB
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 02:11 AM
Not a good move...not a good move at all.
Posted By: Pickens Heretic Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 02:59 AM
Black sucks.
I still expect my payout & so does Mamapick. =P
lol
Posted By: Prism Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 03:09 AM
OMG Is this some kind if Bad Joke ?

Do you really think you can just run over to Black and come back to KGB later on ? I will tell you up front that it will be a NO vote from most here including myself, I wish you well and have fun. It has been fun playing with you !!
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 03:12 AM
Yes Rock left us because Jet told him Tas orin was the only person that could hold his frogs in his anus.

TRUE STORY!
Posted By: Prism Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 03:16 AM
maybe so but where do he get this idea of just bringing his ass back later ?
Posted By: SabinF Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 05:51 AM
WTF is this shit? Can anyone explain...?
Posted By: Valaria Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 03:13 PM
best of luck rock... see ya around.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 04:41 PM
cya Rock.

I can explain, some. You are in a alliance and that alliance is more active then we are, has many new people to play with, several vent channels to explore. So you get to playing with a few other people from some other guild, because you have no one to play with from your own guild, or very few people. Then BLAMO you make a few friends with these other people, and those guys are on regular like clockwork, and can even muster numbers at times...get the picture yet?

I am not trying to cast blame, and I will both miss Rock, and vote no on his return at the same time. I am just trying to show how I can see why he did it. We of KGB will start bleeding out members through this alliance..and that is a plain fact.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 05:19 PM
Rock chose short term single game gain over long term gaming community. He may not realize it now, but at some point the cock will roost and crow, and he will feel the consequences to his decisions.

Rock is a young person, who basically is very typical of the x-box generation. Zero loyalty, zero long term thought in terms of the impact of your current decisions, and zero ability to take in what those of us who have been through the fire already, have to give in sagely advice.

Personally, if and when the day comes, I will personally see to it that his application never makes it too a vote, even if I have to use a free ticket to San Fran, and put my foot knee deep in Jet's backside.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 05:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Rock is a young person, who basically is very typical of the x-box generation. Zero loyalty, zero long term thought in terms of the impact of your current decisions, and zero ability to take in what those of us who have been through the fire already, have to give in sagely advice.

Exactly...except I call them the WoW Generation.
Posted By: Mithus Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 07:47 PM
Rock is a good guy, sometime in the future I hope he came back to KGB in another game!.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 08:13 PM
maybe he felt that he could leave and come back because we did it with bearrok.
Posted By: Valaria Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 09:16 PM
Rock chose short term single game gain over long term gaming community. He may not realize it now, but at some point the cock will roost and crow, and he will feel the consequences to his decisions.

Personally, if and when the day comes, I will personally see to it that his application never makes it too a vote, even if I have to use a free ticket to San Fran, and put my foot knee deep in Jet's backside.

lol tas... that would mean jet had to do applications again... You telling me that when it comes in.. you wont pay me a visit???????????? I think your scared heheheh
Posted By: Prism Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 10:12 PM
KGB is the Best !! Fuck the Rest !!

KGB4LIFE !!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/09/10 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Prism
KGB is the Best !! Fuck the Rest !!

KGB4LIFE !!

What he said.
Posted By: Decon Black Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 03:29 AM
I'll put it this way to everyone. Am i pissed that he left YES, will i be a dick to him in game NO. I state my reason. When i got the info he was going to leave I said fuck this guy he go fuck himself. Then about 2 hrs after the info was brought to light he may leave (unlike Syloc....no Offense bro) he came to quite a few of us like a man even though he is only what 17-18? and told us his reasons.

Which in retrospect went like this and I quote " I love KGB i have been with them since back on EU, but we never have anyone on to do anything (with this i totally agree). i like to raid cities, go on pvp runs in other places besides Human lands, and have met some friends that are on all the time".

i told him i understood but i didnt like it. in all honesty KGB as a whole is to blame for this not just the person who leaves. in the past week i havent been able to be on as much as i was cuz of the new job, but before that we would have 4-5 people on max at any time. Everyone saying they wouldn't vote for him if he wants to come back.....80% of you arent even in DFO so why are you so upset. he left due to lack of having anyone to play with, most of you left because DFO shit in your cheerios, so you got butt hurt and went to play other games, while even though you might not like to hear it, you abandoned the ones still playing even though you didnt leave KGB.

Some people i wouldn't vote to come back if they left Rock on the other hand didn't leave for a stupid reason. Do I agree with or like his desicion NO NO NO we are hurting as it is on membership in DFO that are playing, and yeah its hard real hard to play a game by yourself or with 3 guys trying to do anything.

he chose to have fun and he is still in the alliance, he didnt abandon KGB all the way like he could have in my opinion. So for that i give him cudos! Rock is a pretty good player and could have gone to quite a few other clans if he wanted to but he chose to stay in the alliance, wich in my opinion shows character.

Not trying to offend anyone just open some eyes cuz it seems a few of you have blinders on.
Posted By: Wolfgang Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 04:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Decon Black
I'll put it this way to everyone. Am i pissed that he left YES, will i be a dick to him in game NO. I state my reason. When i got the info he was going to leave I said fuck this guy he go fuck himself. Then about 2 hrs after the info was brought to light he may leave (unlike Syloc....no Offense bro) he came to quite a few of us like a man even though he is only what 17-18? and told us his reasons.

Which in retrospect went like this and I quote " I love KGB i have been with them since back on EU, but we never have anyone on to do anything (with this i totally agree). i like to raid cities, go on pvp runs in other places besides Human lands, and have met some friends that are on all the time".

i told him i understood but i didnt like it. in all honesty KGB as a whole is to blame for this not just the person who leaves. in the past week i havent been able to be on as much as i was cuz of the new job, but before that we would have 4-5 people on max at any time. Everyone saying they wouldn't vote for him if he wants to come back.....80% of you arent even in DFO so why are you so upset. he left due to lack of having anyone to play with, most of you left because DFO shit in your cheerios, so you got butt hurt and went to play other games, while even though you might not like to hear it, you abandoned the ones still playing even though you didnt leave KGB.

Some people i wouldn't vote to come back if they left Rock on the other hand didn't leave for a stupid reason. Do I agree with or like his desicion NO NO NO we are hurting as it is on membership in DFO that are playing, and yeah its hard real hard to play a game by yourself or with 3 guys trying to do anything.

he chose to have fun and he is still in the alliance, he didnt abandon KGB all the way like he could have in my opinion. So for that i give him cudos! Rock is a pretty good player and could have gone to quite a few other clans if he wanted to but he chose to stay in the alliance, wich in my opinion shows character.

Not trying to offend anyone just open some eyes cuz it seems a few of you have blinders on.

I've known Rock since we moved to Tiquya on EU. Which has been a while now. It hurt KGB since we have low numbers, but Rock is who he is. He was a guy that would rush into the fight, and be the first one to loot ALWAYS. And that was one of the majors flaws he had, even while a fight was going on... you would see his head in a grave somewhere. As long as you share the loot there's nothing wrong being the first one to loot AFTER the fighting has been over with.

As far as people playing other games, there's nothing wrong with that. I play other games sometimes just because I want to blow something up, or snipe with a .50 cal and watch someones head disappear! Lets face it, like anythign else people get burned out and need a change. Also by looking around the server KGB isn't the only clan facing a lack of actives. Darkfall isn't doing much to help bring back the base. Sure the 2010 patch is coming soon, unless they make major changes for the better, there could be even fewer on the server. Hopefully that won't be the case, but as sporadic as they are anything is possible.
Posted By: Kaotic Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 05:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Decon Black

I don't know why you guys always insist on playing the blame game. There is no one at fault here but Rock. He wants to go play with some one else. Fine. I know you're new so you may not understand, but KGB is not a one game guild. Nor are her players around for just one game. There are folks that come and go but most of us are here for the long haul and have no intentions of going to play with anyone else.

Now that you have a little perspective perhaps you can see why some folks get bent out of shape when some one says, "I'm leaving but I'll be back." Well, the knee jerk reaction to that is "fuck you, who wants you back?"

I was one of the first folks to read his post and very nearly wrote exactly that. But, in an effort to avoid upsetting the apple cart, I decided to hold my tongue to see what the rest of the guild said before I chimed in. Obviously, I'm not alone.

Now, as for the "KGB as a whole is to blame because no one plays" comment, Darkfall is dieing. End of story. Maybe the new patch fixes it and maybe it doesn't, but getting upset with your guild mates because they don't want to play a game that they invested literally hundreds of hours into, only to have the rug yanked out from under them, is just silly. If you guys are having fun, that's awesome, but stop trying to give everyone else a guilt trip about it. Most of us still log in from time to time to see what going on, but its really difficult to muster up the patience to log in and spend any time playing a game that has become so frustrating for so many of us.

I hope he's wrong but I heard Tas say today that they are down to only around 500 active subscriptions left. That's not just us getting burned out. That's the entire player base. Please be patient with those of us who are trying to overcome some really hard feelings towards Aventurine. Most of us want to come back on a more regular basis but just cannot stomach it right now.

Go go gadget DF2010! Make it better Aventurine!
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 06:11 AM
I agree with all statements presented here. Just to make it clear I am not saying that to make it appear as though I am playing devils advocate. More to the point that it is all of these statements which combine as a whole which drives the changes in how people play, and who they wish to play with.

As I said before, without me ever having been in vent to hear Rock say it in person. I knew it was due to low participation he made his choices, and I do NOT hate him for it. However there is one fundamental key that some are missing, and that is the KGB Constitution and Articles of Confederation. While I love Rock and understand his choices, he has violated KGB policy and is in another guild while we have a official faction active in the same game.

Yes we made a exception with Bear, but that had more to do with Bear being afraid to speak up about his desires, his confusion about what to do about it, and his lack of knowledge about KGB policy. Rock knows these things, and this time if it comes to a vote, as much as it will pain me I will vote no for his return especially if it is for DFO, perhaps for a different game a exception would be made.

I would like to say that in MY OPINION, I feel it is both the guilds fault and the games. Since we do exist within we are responsible with providing a well balanced and fun experience the best we can for all our members. Unfortunately as Kaotic said, the game is in decline. While we are struggling with providing a unified KGB presence for the members to interact with, the game itself has stifled any growth and made functioning at such a consistent level damn near impossible. In closing it is not any of you who are at fault, and it is not Rocks.

It is KGB's fault, the leaderships fault, Darkfalls fault, and mine for not representing members properly and being able to help design policy that can minimize the loss of members. No one should ever be hassled for wanting nothing more then to have fun, and sometimes I feel our policies are too strict to allow people to do that, but then I realize keeping our integrity is just as important.

We wouldn't be who we are if we didn't maintain our ideals, and sometimes to do that you make sacrifices or choices that are not popular. I will miss Rock, because I felt his presence in discussion here on the Oracle, and from what little interaction I had with him in vent he was a good soul. Unfortunately he couldn't find what he needed here, and for that we all lose.
Posted By: Arkh Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 06:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
cya Rock.

I can explain, some. You are in a alliance and that alliance is more active then we are, has many new people to play with, several vent channels to explore. So you get to playing with a few other people from some other guild, because you have no one to play with from your own guild, or very few people. Then BLAMO you make a few friends with these other people, and those guys are on regular like clockwork, and can even muster numbers at times...get the picture yet?

I am not trying to cast blame, and I will both miss Rock, and vote no on his return at the same time. I am just trying to show how I can see why he did it. We of KGB will start bleeding out members through this alliance..and that is a plain fact.

This.
But I'm a forgiving person.
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
However there is one fundamental key that some are missing, and that is the KGB Constitution and Articles of Confederation. While I love Rock and understand his choices, he has violated KGB policy and is in another guild while we have a official faction active in the same game.

Yes we made a exception with Bear, but that had more to do with Bear being afraid to speak up about his desires, his confusion about what to do about it, and his lack of knowledge about KGB policy. Rock knows these things, and this time if it comes to a vote, as much as it will pain me I will vote no for his return especially if it is for DFO, perhaps for a different game a exception would be made.

Well, let me handle this a section at a time. Sorry bro, but this is inaccurate at best. Rock did not violate KGB policy. He resigned from KGB. There is a difference. the policy states that he could not be an active member of KGB and be in another guild in a game we have a closed faction in. His resignation covers that aspect. And counting myself, there are a mmyriad of KGB'ers who have left the clan and most if not all find their way home. Faulting Rock for this decision simply because he wanted people who play in his time frame in a game he loves and was not being fulfilled by KGB itself in is ludicrous and a knee jerk reaction. We have already seen far to many of our membership leave the game for a variety of reasons. Some I agree with, some I don't, but no one is saying come play Darkfall or get the hell out.

I would like to say that in MY OPINION, I feel it is both the guilds fault and the games. Since we do exist within we are responsible with providing a well balanced and fun experience the best we can for all our members. Unfortunately as Kaotic said, the game is in decline. While we are struggling with providing a unified KGB presence for the members to interact with, the game itself has stifled any growth and made functioning at such a consistent level damn near impossible. In closing it is not any of you who are at fault, and it is not Rocks.

It is KGB's fault, the leaderships fault, Darkfalls fault, and mine for not representing members properly and being able to help design policy that can minimize the loss of members. No one should ever be hassled for wanting nothing more then to have fun, and sometimes I feel our policies are too strict to allow people to do that, but then I realize keeping our integrity is just as important.

So much right here it's hard to speak to, but in the end, it is the "design" of KGB that is both Angel and Devil. Were we the normal one game guild, it would be different. We could design policy, procedure and plenty which says get your ass in DFO and like it or leave. KGB is not that and won't ever be, which is both blessing and curse. I honestly am still having a blast in Darkfall. I get that many of you are not. Rock found he needed more than just that. You left because you hated the game mechanics. But your still around and "perhaps" Rock will come back one day wanting his chair at the table. Having known him when he was CoTP, I kind of doubt it. But that is my own opinion only.

At the end of the day, he is gone. We are here. KGB DFO will survive or it wont, but KGB will keep on, so it goes.
We wouldn't be who we are if we didn't maintain our ideals, and sometimes to do that you make sacrifices or choices that are not popular. I will miss Rock, because I felt his presence in discussion here on the Oracle, and from what little interaction I had with him in vent he was a good soul. Unfortunately he couldn't find what he needed here, and for that we all lose.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/10/10 08:03 PM
Okay so he resigned instead of violating policy, my only over sight, everything else I said I still stand by.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 01:30 AM
Dunlop, RevCo, Syloc, Rock and a few others ... DFO has sure taken a chomp out of KGB.

See, this is what happens when the gaming community has epic failures for games & weak sauce releases ... where is the love for our full loot, guild-centric PvP genre!

DFO is it right now ... it's either going to get better or worse ... or the next best thing will launch.

I just look forward to hearing\reading the same old rants & same old jabs from my KGB brothers & sisters ... even if I am stuck playing some silly APB EMU with Kaotic driving chaotically!

KGB4LIFE!
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 02:01 AM
Dude, you seriously did not just say anything about some weak sauce BS repeat fest bullshit like APB down here in the DFO zone...bah...everyone of you that quit DFO cause of your Sandy V's nees to bring your ass back now. Enough already.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 02:14 AM
People coming back, doesn't fix the game, however in response to Longshanks I agree we've lost a lot of blood Kay, Uth, and several others who wanted to take breaks and play other things Jag, Derid, Slinger, and several others.

They need to stop building these games in such a shoddy fashion, if only a real company with real money and skill would sit down and give it some serious thought to build a FFA Full Loot sand box and not half ass it in a attempt to become rich feeding like a Jackel off of a Niche group with a game with seriously unfinished aspects, I think it would be awesome.
Posted By: Tasorin Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 02:15 AM
If, and that is one big huge IF Adventurine ever manages to free one hand from there ass and gets this game back on track w/o the bullshit broken ass fag fest they turned DFO into.

Maybe then, once they figure out how to make there combat engine work, have actual content to hunt, and then wipe everyone's holdings and banks, and then does a server merge and a reboot, count me the fuck in.

Oh yeah, Zap towers, item tag/dba, and peace on earth except for Drakiis, fuck him.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 06:28 AM
wipe everyone's holdings and banks, and then does a server merge and a reboot, count me the fuck in.

Its to bad they wont do this. Perhaps make a server that you could transfer to and start over.
Posted By: Longshanks Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Dude, you seriously did not just say anything about some weak sauce BS repeat fest bullshit like APB down here in the DFO zone...bah...everyone of you that quit DFO cause of your Sandy V's nees to bring your ass back now. Enough already.

I was kidding ... saw Drak's sig above my post area, lol ... just some short term work related insanity keeping me from my game time in DFO!

<3 weeks for a first production launch of a software project I designed & engineered ... Phase I of III ... 2 years in the making.

Some shoddy DBA left me with a few deadlock issues ... resolved last week, pilot started Monday & going smooth!

Though my stress level is high ... this project is a huge notch in my consulting belt & resume!
Posted By: Mithus Re: Rock N Rolla - 08/11/10 12:59 PM
Originally Posted By: JetStar
wipe everyone's holdings and banks, and then does a server merge and a reboot, count me the fuck in.

Its to bad they wont do this. Perhaps make a server that you could transfer to and start over.

I dont want get blamed but, You guys want excuses, doing that will not bring any people, people dont play because they dont have fun, they got bored for several reasons, and btw darkfall its not an exception. Every game as a life expectance, as UO and other games had.

I can say some people from KGB dont play anymore because they dont stand to the grind, or to be pwned by teenagers/young that have full time to play this game, and the full loot game mechanics toward jump people on spawns drive away people that try to skill up. The true is, KGB guys are getting old and not everyone stand to get jumped after farming for 30-60 minutes and lose everything. Of course some other broken features from darkfall are the cause too.
© The KGB Oracle