Originally Posted By: rhaikh
It's not about loyalty to friends, it's about how our public image is becoming perfectly aligned to get everyone on board the bandwagon to destroy us. It's also mostly a public image that we created. Like it or not, "we" did say that we would disband after Hyperion. The entire server is now using the fact that we brought in CotP as an example of our hypocrisy, and we have no defense for it.

Unless we give the server a good reason to think otherwise, we are literally playing into the image our enemies are emphasizing; we are asking for it. I think that there's no reason to continue doing this, and we are smart enough to come up with a new vision for ourselves that will win over the respect of the server.

Anyway, nowhere did I say that we should dump AC, but since I am mostly in the dark about how things are going in internal politics, I'm leaving it up to the leadership to make that decision. I will say that, whatever happens, our current allies have been great, but personally I am not adamantly in support of keeping / cutting any of them in particular. Unfortunately, none of them are good enough to keep if it means losing our city because we are "the zerg."

This is exactly what's happening on the large political stage, and the more we strengthen our alliance the greater the pressures will be from all factions. In the dawn KGB was one of the first to ally with the goons, we more so then any other guild have a right to remain allies of the goons, however the real question is if the CotC alliance broke would the goons and KGB decide to maintain our own strength and eliminate the other guilds, in effect down size, or would it be more beneficial to disband the entire alliance?

I feel the server would have no problems with us remaining goon allies, and we to some extent would have a legitimate claim to do so. However, if we did abolish the entire alliance could we stand on our own, with cotp of course, and would the pressures subside, or increase as people might see us more accessible? In reality for the cotc alliance to disband the death alliance would also need to, and since we all know they won't what sorts of incentives are there? So the deadlock will continue, as long as Cairn, Death, and SB alliances remain.

Truth be told, I know for a fact we would disband if everyone else did, but it's just not going to happen. If we did in a show of good faith, we'd have Death, Cairn, and SB up our ass so quick it wouldn't be funny, what might be more idealic is if we folded into Death or SB just to see what they would do. Suddenly with a bunch of cotc guilds joining them they would swell, and have noone to fight, thus taking the fire out of them, that is if they were agreeable to ex cotc guilds coming into their alliance. Then at a later date, cotc could rise back up and try and wreck their house of cards, or just split off without as much drama and directed hate because right now, anything short of a complete disband of cotc will not stop Death from continueously feeding misinformation and hate propaganda to the SB/TM/RN Alliance and using them as pawns to buffer them from cotc. SB wanted to be on the winning side, and they can't win if Death does first, especially if Death benefits from a huge influx of guilds and controlled lands. SB would then find themselves without a enemy or at the very least a enemy they dare not attack.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]