I wanted to try and explain my thoughts a bit more, since I have this bad feeling that my post will start a huge argument, and that's not my intent at all. Prepare for more rambling.

Alfar is the "evil" race. KGB has always been about protecting the innocent. If Alfar are evil, that means it will attract the hardcore PvPers and the people that want to roleplay evil, so what innocents are we defending?

When JetStar politics, he's always done so (from what I've been able to witness) from the platform of the righteous. That's worked very well for him and KGB, but has led to the perception of being a gankfest zerg guild full of newbies and underskilled wannabes. This perception combined with no righteous platform will make developing a good reputation hard to do, and end with much double-speak, backtracking, and rumor mongering.

Now, we know that there is skill in this guild. We know that the rap KGB has among the elite is bogus (maybe it was true in UO-SP, but it's damned sure not true anymore). I'm just forewarning that if we end up playing Alfar we're going to have to revise our guild statements (not code, or rules, or anything else, just statements) in order to get the respect that we deserve. If we play another race such as human or dwarf, then we're fine like we are, but Alfar WILL require adaptation.

Last edited by Demoyn; 01/22/09 05:31 PM.