Since Newton massacre. Chapel Hill ISD in Mt. Pleasant, Texas where my kids go to school has been armed. All three prinpals from the elementry to highschool walk around with a 9m on thier person. Every door is locked. A new alarm system has been installed, if something happens then an alarm will sound, three quick beeps, then a long one, followed by the same pattern. Each classroom has installed a metalplate on the inside of the door, along with a deadbolt that can only be accessed inside the class room. Also the police force has set up a safe word with the teachers, that will be used to let them know that yes it is safe to unlock the doors and get the kids out.

This was done not on the school budget but by local bussinesses paying for it. The steel plates came from US steel, donated, the slide bolt locks, McCoys, donated, alarm system was paritial paid for by donation from local banks, and the installer. For my part, I bought a box of 9m rounds and gave them to the school. The superindent said that over 500 rounds have been given sofar. The conceal and carry teacher in town is giving all teachers a discount for classes.

This is what happens when parents and a community care. When we dont wait for someone else. Local bussinesses stepping in, teachers stepping up, people understand what it takes, and do what needs tobe done.

If this was done by the goverement then it would cost 10x times as much and would be subpar.

I was asked to post this from a KGB member.