Quote:
Remember the westerns you grew up watching? Well, if you do a little research about those times, when people wore guns all the time, and everywhere, you will find that the murder rates, and even crime rates over all, were FAR lower than they are now, even when reconciling the population differences.

Times were different, education were different. People were raised with greater control of their parents. No television, no this widespread drug use. People begun to work to aid their parents as soon were teenagers of even when kids. Overall people behavior were different.

While I would agree that if the bad guys acknoledged that people would have guns to counter-attack, if we put this to a today situation, that doesnt mean that they will not try "steal" something. I personally believe that would cause more casualities than actually save people.

But Right now I also think that people would have the right to defend themselves, even with that raising overall the death toll. So both sides have some good arguments.

Last edited by Mithus; 07/26/12 03:18 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]