Originally Posted By: sini

zero died.

So it's okay then to run around knifing folks as long as you don't kill them ? Chuckle.
By the same logic, the entire school shooting would be non-news had the shooter shot
them all in the knee instead ? :|

The usual Democrat has announced she will put forth legislation that bans everything that
even looks like a scary weapon. I find it interesting she waited to announce this until
AFTER a mass tragedy ( even though she admits they've been working on it for a year or
more ). Guess she figures it's the only way it would ever have a shot of getting passed
to begin with. You don't really want to know my thoughts about folks who use tragedy to
push their political agenda.

My other thoughts:

One, the idea of punishing millions of law abiding citizens for the actions of a few
lunatics is lunacy itself, but then my bar of expectations for those in Congress has
never really been very high.

Two, if it DOES pass, ( again, unlikely ) expect the news to be filled with a violence
the likes of which you have never seen ( unless you've been an active participant in one
of our many wars over the years ) once enforcement begins.

Three, since the law would ban possession completely, millions of formerly law abiding
types would instantly be transformed into federal criminals as the majority who own these
types of devices are not likely to just hand them over because our Congressional idiots
think it's a good idea.

-sigh-

WTB: Mountaintop fortress where I can isolate myself from the rest of the species.

Last edited by Daye; 12/16/12 10:16 AM.