I loved the fact that we experienced a siege so early in the game. I think that we learned a lot from this experience. Here are some of my notes:

To repeat some of Zen's points...
1) The guild tag system sucks big time. Very hard to tell who is who. I hope that they improve this, but I suspect they will not. Best way to survive this is to get very good tactical awareness, and use vent to identify locations effectively. Stay together, and know where your group members are. They are the only players easy to identify.

2) Advantage to the attacker on setting the time. This encourages us to not take a Hamlet to start, but join the alliance city, and plan our attack accordingly.

3) There should have been a more focused attack on the siege stone. This was open to our attack for an hour, and no effective attack was launched. Easier to attack then defend in this game, and I suspect more siege stones are not placed in the most defensible locations.

4) I was able to play DF1 when it 1st came out, before KGB became active. I was lucky and able to get a house, and it AWESOME. The most enjoyable part of the game, and invul. I like the idea of getting houses near each other. If I remember correctly, you could only have 5 friends of the house. They may have changed this. For access to all reaches of the map, spreading out makes sense, for staying united and controlling an area of the map better to focus location of house. Hope I get one.

5) They need to fix the tower attacking alliance members. Once we turned it back on it was able to provide KGB some help, but it meant that our alliance was not able to be involved. This was not good.

6) Boats with cannons are the bomb. They were able to take out the bind stone without having to even enter the town. We had no way of making a dent on the boats, only a suicide run.

7) My role was limited given my 7-10fps. I chose to watch and announce the show from the hamlet till the end. Looking at adding more RAM, and maybe upgrading my NVIDIA GT 420... Any other ideas?

8) It was good to know about the OTG mumble server. We should work to group up with them more, and coordinate our actions more. SKD seems like good people, but too dependent on the dup bug.

9) I like the idea of joining OTG/SKD's city. I think that to start it will be good for KGB to focus our actions/bind location in/near a town that has crafting stations.

10) Let the games begin...