Hopefully we learn from this. We were ill prepared for a fight. Oldtimers were trying to get armor, talking about making bows and learning how to get on a mount minutes before the stone went live. Mor was the only one of us wearing plate, and didn't get killed as a result probably, the rest were naked or wearing misc gear.

We had no way to destroy the siege stone and neither did our allies.

Plan 1 was to mount rush the enemies and take out the back row range, which I thought sounded like a good plan. Unfortunately target callers all dropped shortly into the fight and we were routed. Mor ended up walking back to the safe hold and out regenned/healed enemies whacking on his plate.

Part b of plan 1 was to loot enemies with hammers or bombs to kill the stone. This plan failed because they did not have hammers or bombs either. They spawned 2 boats and used the cannons to beat the clan stone down.

I think we were "outgeared" and out maneuvered in this siege. It was our hamlet and we had no defensive plan other than asking old timers for help. Many KGB showed up naked and fought the best they could against enemies in plate which was a wipe in every case. Except for our plate wearer who crashed.

The game mechanics are borked as usual. The bank may or may not have worked, the alliance system had an unforeseen delay after a server resetting alliances so every possible way of working with old timers in the hamlet were futile.

The towers were off when the battle first hit the hamlet and turned on after we were routed. The result of turning them on was that we cleared all enemies from the town fairly quickly. All allies were dead or left as well.

With no answer for hitting the siege stone and facing superior forces gear and preparation, we didn't offer much resistance when the 2 boats cannons blasted down the clan stone.

I didn't have a problem with fps or the game during the fights but to be honest I could not identify friend from enemy until I figured out all the enemies were in plate and we were the other guys. I did get kill a plate wearer as he tried to leave town, assist from towers, Cheerio and probably others, I think Cheerio ganked and looted him. Other guys said it was a slide show or their fps were single digits. I can say it really makes a difference to be able to keep moving and fighting during lag times for others.

I only fought in the hamlet fight as I was planning to defend the stone from the beginning.

Going forward I suggest everyone gear and train a warrior to plate as their first process after wipes or for launch. Skirmishers and magic can be developed later and may take some time to get up to speed but warriors in plate rule DFUW right now.