Originally Posted By: Arkh
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Not sure which part of this is the funniest. Your lawling for?

The part about the most invaded country. Coming from people living in a 300 year old country stolen from some savages makes me laugh.

I didn't say invaded, I said conquered. The most conquered country in history I believe. And while America is a young country in relative terms to yours, or any European, I am fairly confident there are many who are glad America exists. They may indeed be older than you, with a very clear memory of your ability to speak German being their reality if it had not been for America and Americans. Hate on our actions all you want.

Lets get some things straight. Seal Team Six are not hired killers. They are an elite team of very successful military members who have probably contributed to many important endeavors on behalf of many countries. Taking out the low life piece of shit Osama Bin Laden was just the latest in successful and wonderful actions they took on behalf of the rest of the world.

They get a salary and their job is to kill people. So anyway your sugar-coat it, they are hired killers.
I'm just saying it at the level of "Manning leaked top secret document so he is a traitor".
That does not pass the common sense test Arkh. Your saying that because Manning is a traiter, which by military law he is regardless of the moralistic view you are trying to attach to his actions, that Seal Team Six are then hired killers. Interesting and rather immature response I would not expect from you. You are entitled to your opinions to be sure, and I am entitled to be insulted by them.

The way you are talking makes me think you somehow have some issue, and that you indeed agree with or sympathize with, the forces of the Taliban or any number of other terrorist agencies.

I don't.
But I know that history is written by the victors: what for us are terrorists is for some other members of the Resistance. I think the best way to fight terrorism is not by invading random countries by force, but invading by your culture: get them education and the means to get out of the shit they are in so they can enjoy the western lifestyle in two or three generations and terrorism won't be a problem. Have we got any indian, brazilian, chinese or taiwanese terrorist bomber for the past 30 years? That's because their nations are driven by the perspective of progress instead of jealousy.

History is indeed written by the victors and the actions which brought them victory. There is only one way to fight terrorism, and radical religion. Excise it. You are dealing with a culture which is 400 years behind. AND MANY who have been there will tell you, no matter all the education in the world, they do not wannt to change. Do I think it would have been better to have stayed out, yes. I said when we went to Afghanistan it was a bad move, not because it was a wrong move, but because the culture and ideology was such that we were in for a long, brutal and costly fight. To tack Iraq onto that was foolish. If I had my way, Afghanistan would be that glass parking lot I spoke of. And you would look in horror and be shocked at the death of so many innocents. And as was the case with every country France fought in its empire days, there are no innocents, only future antagonists. The only way to deal with terrorists is to ensure they understand that actions taken by them will result in far worse repercussions. You can not replace their ideology in a school house. They bomb an embassy, take out a city. It's that simple. You will have to educate me, I have never heard of a Chinese or Taiwanese terrorist. I know that there are plenty of muslim cells in indonesia perhaps? Not sure.

Last edited by Vuldan; 10/08/11 05:58 AM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]