The world owes the accused Wikileaks whistleblower, Bradley Manning, a debt of gratitude for his contribution to world peace at grave risk to himself. Awarding him the Nobel Peace Prize will be a way of establishing that no nation-state, regardless of its military might, is above international humanitarian law. We thank him for his courage in bringing the truth to the people of the world.

The US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan violate Article 2 of the United Nations Charter as neither Iraq nor Afghanistan presented an acute and imminent threat of war to the United States, the only legally valid basis for war. The illegal wars waged by the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan have cost the lives of thousands of U.S. military personnel, the lives of unknown numbers that are estimated by reliable researchers to total well over a million of people in Iraq and Afghanistan, and squandered U.S. treasury, in vain, that could have been used for human needs.

Signatories
Kathleen Barry, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita of Pennsylvania State University

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]