Originally Posted By: Derid

Sorry Vuldan, until he gets his courts-martial everything you are saying about him is moot... because he has not been convicted of anything.

Soldier or not, the govt does not have the right to hold him in solitary confinement and abuse the shit out of him for all of eternity without a trial.

You keep talking about punishment, but you do not even know he is guilty of anything. A supposed chat log, and the word of one douchebag. Oh, and a big media smear blitz.... thats all you know about the guy.

Well, yes and no. There is a fine line about your right to exercise your rights in the military. I am no lawyer and I am certain there are arguements to both sides, but you contractually agree to abide by a new set of rules and laws when you join. Additionally, treasonous acts are really tricky. Your implied meaning is that since there has been no trial, he can not be detained. That is incorrect. I am not 100% sure of the specifics, but this site outlines and explains much;

http://court-martial.com/ucmj-and-espionage/

I am fairly confident that this would not have reached the level it has without some proof in the first place, and Assange deserves nothing but a swift bullet to the back of the head because like all crusaders, he thinks his actions are justified no matter the consequence.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]