For his outstanding courage and bravery in exposing war crimes, we the undersigned nominate Bradley Manning, Private First Class of the U.S. Army for the Nobel Peace Prize of 2011. We recognize that throughout history states, organizations and people fearing reprisals are reluctant to confront powerful, militarized states that commit war crimes. But a young man, Bradley Manning, acted on his conscience when others could not or would not do so.

A 22-year-old Army intelligence analyst, Pfc. Manning faces decades in prison for allegedly leaking a video of a US helicopter attack that killed at least eleven Iraqi civilians to the website Wikileaks. Among the dead were two working Reuters reporters. Two children were also severely wounded in the attack.

Bradley Manning, acted in accordance with the United States Uniform Code of Military Justice under which it is his duty to obey lawful orders but likewise he must refuse to obey orders that are in direct violation of the US Constitution. The leaks document war crimes.

Last edited by Mithus; 10/05/11 03:38 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]