Saddam didnt have WMD to hand, and even if he did so what? There was also no reason to believe he would use them against the USA. He was more worried about Iran.

So, 100k+ dead Iraqi civilians, trillions of dollars and thousands of US servicemen lives lost later... we have effectively handed control of Iraq to Iran.

I can even be found on record here on the Oracle before the war even started saying what a retarded idea it was, that there were likely no or few WMDs, that tens of thousands would die ( more died than even I thought) and that Iran would be the beneficiary when we left. I also predicted that we would not be hailed as great liberators, and that Iraq would be a shit hole for the foreseeable future.

A great genius is not and was not required to reach those conclusions, they were all patently obvious when the drums of war started to be beaten. Then and now.

Now the war drums are starting to beat regarding Iran... and it makes me very worried.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)