First I'd like to say this thread is NOT to sow dissension! Part of KGB (at least from my experience) is about voicing your concerns and fighting as a family even though we have ranks. So this is me doing that, but shouldn't be seen as a morale attack or something I personally feel is just lame in a meta way like this.

Good points all around. I agree integrity must be in the people to be in the organization, but also the organization leadership must strive for integrity as well, else it becomes a conflict for the individual to do what is commanded or what is right. As ex-military, I know it can be a real problem at times, unfortunately.

I also agree that sometimes small evils must be done to topple big evils.

For Derid, I understand that leaders sometimes do things they wish they didn't have to do in order to protect those they lead. This is one of the hardships of being a leader, and is unavoidable at times.

So it sounds like a better determination as to if something is griefing or not is more in how you treat that enemy once you've 'won'. If you treat them with respect after you've tripped your espionage trap, then it is warfare but if you laugh in their face and say 'wow you guys are horrible', then its griefing? Or a better way to ask is when do you stop the 'morale propaganda' stuff, and say 'Good war guys - Maybe next time you'll beat us'?

Drakiis' post is exactly why I loved fighting as KGB in Shadowbane. KGB has a lot of heart and integrity, and I love that. In SB proper everyone was working toward team goals, and it showed. That's how I like to do it in GvG games, and is why I'm so choosy about who I run with, because my game time is totally invested into the group with little reserved for self. So there's a lot of risk, and I haven't frequented the KGB boards for a long time (my own mistake sorry!), and have just come back to see we're allied with the goons (I am fresh off an EVE stint where [the corp I was with] were fighting them) and that they're pulling the same crap here they do there (disbanding an alliance to more easily destroy the infrastructure and laughing in the enemies faces about it - years of work down the drain not just a couple weeks).

I'd still like to know what we would do if we got the opportunity to dry loot that Hyperion guild. Publicly how would we handle it? Make fun of them or be respectful at their loss? I'm not trying to get KGB to change; I'm just trying to figure out what today's KGB is all about.

Have to say though it sounds like KGB is still the same KGB from SB, which is awesome. =D

*edit* Just wanted to add sorry for stirring the pot if that's the case, and thanks for answering my questions. I've been away for awhile. lol

Last edited by nethervoid; 03/26/09 03:12 PM.