Originally Posted By: sini
Wolfgang, do you see "real leader" capitulating to GOP hostage-taking? When most GOP signed "I will not negotiate" pledges? When GOP machine explicitly stated that their goal is to defeat Obama first, everything else second?

Well if the President met with you and you gave him a "wish list" and he told you that your party lost and that wasn't going to happen. Don't you think that show's some serious disrespect, Who cares that they signed a pledge, people sign shit everyday but still negotiate. Obama is as guilty or more so than anyone with the failure at not getting to the negotiating table.

How many meetings have you heard of them having??? A REAL leader would have gotten it done. Actions speak louder than words, Obama's actions towards the republicans was of disrespect. He never tried to gain their respect because he didn't want it. Look at every strong leader through-out history you will find they didn't like a lot of their counter parts, but they were able to respect them enough to work with them. Look at the man I have on my Signature, General George Patton. He was a hated man, and he hated some of the people he worked with. But he was still able to get the job done. As a President your role is to be THE LEADER.