Okay folks, I did put a lock on this discussion as there was too much negative going on here – let's focus on discussion regarding KGB's participation in BDO moving forward and how to deal with the challenges of an OPEN Faction given our Constitution and rules.

---------

That being said, after talking with the Officers of the BDO faction we would like to continue to operate as an open faction to play the game that we are enjoying with our KGB members. We feel that the issues that surround the semantics of KGB on KGB combat can be resolved by adhering to the following:

1) As there is not a way to participate in the end-game content of Node Wars and Sieges without having numbers and a guild structure that supports this; KGB members have dropped tag and reformed under Lethality (currently). Members wishing to play with us are strongly encouraged to play with us under this structure, but are not under any obligation to do so as this is an Open Faction currently.

2) If a KGB member wants to play BDO but NOT with the group, or wants to leave the group for another guild they will be required to let me (or whomever is HC of BDO Faction) know via Oracle PM. They will need to let us know where they are joining to help prevent open world non-consensual PVP.

3) Participation in Node Wars or Sieges IS considered consensual PVP. You may opt to participate or not based on your own choice. You may face a KGB brother or sister in the playing field, but as long as #2 is adhered to there will be no surprises on the battlefield.

4) Open-World PVP via actively flagging PVP or by war declaration does NOT give any players consent and will be considered a breach of KGB rules. KGB members will need to opt out of these confrontations, and can not partiticipate in KGB on KGB PVP as this violate the rules.

---------

Honestly it is my hope that more KGB membership decides to give BDO a chance. This will allow the Open Faction to be able to grow and eventually become a Closed faction (reforming under the KGB tag). We cannot do this without support and numbers. I have played many games with KGB over the decade of my membership, and quite honestly this game is the closest match in "feel" to playing Ultima Online on Siege Perilous! BDO certainly isn't an EASY game, but it does offer a lot for casual as well as competitive players. We do need to be mindful that our membership has both types and should be comfortable for them to co-exist.

Currently we have a superb staff of officers and players that would be thrilled to have more players join and be happy to help you learn to play BDO in the ways that you prefer. Let's quit fighting and being negative and focus on what everyone really wants, to play a game together online and have FUN doing it!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers