DF2 has been a challenging game so far. Starting with long download of game, long wait to char creation que, long wait to login. Consistent crashes, to wait again in a long que to come back and have nothing in your bag or bank. Things have improved, but are definitely still in beta and beyond the tolerance of most.

There is nothing to enjoy in this game if you are starting with nothing in your bank or bag, and no guild. Fighting the mobs with newbie gear is a challenge for these old hands and eyes. Fighting in the starter mob areas is a race to loot, and if you are not quick, a lot of your kills loot will be lost to quicker sticky fingers.

I enjoy working as part of a team, and knowing that my play makes a difference to the group as a whole. After 2-3 days of crashes and fining my way out of the training area, I was able to join and meet up with KGB. Having access to the guild bank made all the difference in enjoyment level. I could get starter tools/equipment, and enough gold to craft, and move on. I was able to focus on the harvesting side of the game. My prowess/dominion point that are needed for guilds to claim cities/hamlets rose quickly as I gathered 200 of each item (timber/cotton/stone/iron). Once the steedgrass started to come in, I knew that I was of some assistance.

I do not mind the crafting/gathering grind. I could go afk for 15-30mins and take care of wrapping presents, dealing with family issues or play another game. I know this is not for everyone, but it was working for me.

I have always enjoyed figuring out a new game, and DF2 is no different. This game is a challenge and deserves the hardcore title. There is no tab, tab, 1 2 1 1 3 success to be had that my GW2 thief had. You actually need to aim time and hit your targets. But I enjoy a challenge, and will need to find a role that I can play in DF2 that helps the guild as a whole...