Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

Can you say anything without getting it from the Huffington post or some other liberal agenda driven media?

"The Facts tend to have liberal bias".

I don't expect they have time between creationism lessons to tech geography in your part of the country, but Al Jazeera is Qatar-based news source. That would make it Arabic.

Quote:
The Kock brothers

The only time you happen to be right is by accident.

Koch brother ARE The Republican Party, they pay for pretty much everything and openly dictate policy. If you are going dance to the tune, it might be helpful if you know who pays for the music.

I read Al Jazeera quite a bit in english. They are BBC trained reporters, and actually do a lot of good work - when it comes to actualy reporting. Their editorial and opinion bloggers are drawn from the deepest darkest marxist pits one could image, theyre terrible.

But their actual reporting is good.

Koch bros arent the GOP, they are one FACTION in the GOP. Herman Cain is the current Koch proxy in the GOP primary just FYI. Judging from the way Faux news acts, it looks like Murdoch might be behind him now as well , originally Perry was Murdoch's proxy but has proved himself too incompetent on the national stage to be a useful tool.

Out of the "mainstream" ( non-Paul ) candidates, Romney is actually the most independent. He has various ties, but as an equal force in business and politics on his own.. is why Fox and the right wing windbags rail against him all the time.

I am voting for Paul, but will vote for Romney against Obama if he gets the nod. And Tas I think you are wrong, if the GOP does the sensible thing and sends Romney against Obama ( or Paul ) then Obama will likely lose. If Cain or Perry get nominated, then GOP loses. If Newt gets it... hard to say, I would say advantage Obama in that case... except Newt has a history as Speaker that led to 90's prosperity, even if he left the Speakership in bad form...

Locally, I dont see a lot of change. Depends on how the economy is doing.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)