Originally Posted By: RedKGB
"3- all non social security systems need to be outlawed. id be happy if social security was too but lets be reasonable"

Can you expound upon this one please?

As you may ir may nit know, a vast portion of the middle class do not pay into social security. Teachers, police, firemen, railroad workers, state, local, and county officials ALL pay into their own retirement systems. They dont pay into social security. In a county like the one I live in, which is in Californias central valley, about 90% of the people who arent on welfare work for the government in spme way. The other 10% own dairies and the tiny number of local businesses. All the other jobs are McJobs. Every place in town takes food stamps. I digress.

So the first problem is that most of the tax base doesnt pay into the system. The second problem is that there is no longer a work-credit component to social security. 2 examples: one of my loser students, a gang member covered with tattoos, father one an illegitimate child at age 15, is recieving 900 dollars a month from SSI for his "anger problems". When I heard that I probably could have qualified, myself. Second example, my cousin married a foreigner, brought her mom over. mom become a citizen, signs up for social security, she heads back to the Philippines drawing as much as my dad, who paid the max into the system since 1980.

So like many, many problems with the govt, it has to do with a) special protected classes excusing themselves from societal obligations ( see Mandarins), and b) a lack of distinction between those who controbute to society and those who cling like lampreys to societies throat.

In my opinion, any time you pay or otherwise compensate people who arent earning it through work, you will fail. Do any of you think that the workers of the future are going to pay 50% tax rates so you can draw your retirement of $75,000 a year for the last 25 years of your life?? When I retire the country is going to be 25% hispanic and half of those will be foreign born. they will not want to subsidize the white mans lifestyle by picking his food, cleaning his house, then handing over half their earnings to pay his retirement.

KGB Darkfall