Originally Posted By: sinij
Why are you building "government to come in and take"? It wasn't mentioned in the article I linked nor brought up be me.

What is amazing is that we as society agree that current level of wealth inequality is unacceptable. Better and more affordable education, stronger oversight over crony capitalism, transparency in lobbying and progressive taxation...

What are you proposing then?

The voucher system seems to work for schools, but as long as our representatives are being lobbied by the teacher's union, that won't happen. Private schools provide better education for less money per pupil with greater teacher accountability, period. Amazing what can happen when the government isn't involved.

I agree about the crony capitalism, which is bred by big government and murky lobbying tactics. Get rid of the D.C. offices and send all the representatives and senators home. They can debate via telecom. That way they are closer to their constituents for accountability purposes and decentralized to make lobbying more difficult.

We have a progressive tax system. If you think we don't then you've clearly never paid attention to your tax forms.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]