Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

You're saying a sane person without a gun, becomes Insane with a gun. Now how does that make any sense? I have a gun, the only difference I feel when it's not by my side, is vulnerability. Especially if I'm in an area of Tulsa that's known for criminal activity.

Quote:
In Sao Paulo, according to the Homicide Division of the Civil Police [1], the first homicide cause is "revenge" among people do not have no connection with drug traffic or other criminal activities.

Quote:
. In 46% of homicide cases recorded in the south of São Paulo, victim and author held a previous relationship (kinship, neighborhood, friendship ...) [3].

Quote:
. In state capitals, 44% of all female homicides are committed with firearms [2]. Two-thirds of cases of violence against women have as author's own husband or partner [2].

It's a fact here in Brazil that almost 50% of deaths from firearms do not come from criminal activities or people being assaulted or trying to defend againt criminals.

Of course everyone should have the right to defend himself.
I said If I had to choose, I have to weight each side, and I would choose the side that cause less damage to my society, By the statistics seems that Brazilians are not ready to have this right.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]