Originally Posted By: Arkh
Mithus, can you give the links to the page you're quoting. It seems a lot of them are linked to some other papers which could be useful readings.

Arkh quotes are from several Brazilian websites in portugueses, in the end all resume to the thing.. guns do not kill, people do.

But Brazil reality is different from USA or Europe, so I can say Personaly, I feel safer with people not being able to carry weapons, I would be more safely if the trade of weapons were regulated and only people that have a special reason to protected theirself would be allowed to buy weapons, ATM anyone can buy an weapon and keep it at home.

Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, in time for the reality of Brazil would be better if you could not buy weapons, only with a special award by the government. If you have a weapon you would to avoid to be assaulted or killed at home? response is maybe...

For every legal self defense there are more cases of unjustified attacks by fireweapon in Brazil. I have to weight both cases, and I prefer to chose that one that offer less damage to society. Itīs easier to be a "Macho" man with a gun in your the hand, than with your fist.

Brazil is the number ONE ..

number 1 in the world of deaths by fire weapons
number 1 in the world by death by automobile accidents
number 1 in politics corruption and get out without punishment.
number 1 in social inequality

Can we break this bad cycle?, only wih education of population, but seems our public education is not getting better, and people over and over again vote for the bad politicians.

Last edited by Mithus; 10/18/11 10:08 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]