Originally Posted By: Derid

That being the case, it shows what happens when the law abiding citizens cant protect themselves.

You didnt understand, they do not died from criminals. Most of the cases in Brazil both are law abiding citzens that lost their head with access to gun.

Quote:
People lose their lives and take each other in everyday situations: fights transit, in bars or in their own homes.

. In Sao Paulo, according to the Homicide Division of the Civil Police [1], the first homicide cause is "revenge" among people who know and do not have no connection with drug trafficking or other criminal activities.

. One in three shot were hospitalized that are non-firing
intentional [2].

. In 46% of homicide cases recorded in the south of São Paulo, victim and author held a previous relationship (kinship, neighborhood, friendship ...) [3].

. Anyone can lose their heads and, with gun close at hand, and then become a killer!

Quote:
. It is a myth to think that a gun you will be better protected. In fact, the criminal always has the initiative, the element of surprise.

. Use weapons in self-defense only works in movies. According to the FBI, "in 2001 for each successful defensive use of firearms in justifiable homicide, there were 185 deaths by firearms in homicides, suicides or accidents. "

. Moreover, few people have the ability to handle a firearm.

. A person with a gun in the house has 57% more likely to be killed in a assault than those who are unarmed [1].

. In state capitals, 44% of all female homicides are committed with firearms [2]. Two-thirds of cases of violence against women have as author's own husband or partner [2].

Last edited by Mithus; 10/18/11 08:13 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]