The only way to answer that honestly is this that some will not agree with.

The US has a lot of trash and terrible law policies that allow said trash to remain trash and cause trashy situations. I have not owned or carried a gun since I left to go to California almost 3 years ago.

In the time that I have been back in southeast Texas I have had knives pulled on me multiple times, had a guy in a bar parking lot try to say that I was getting into his car and try to pull me out of my own car so I just ran over him. Last night I went to Lake Charles Louisiana to watch a friends amateur boxing match and as the event was over and we were walking back to our car there was a group of people that during the event that had been walking down the street in the middle of a large city jimmying peoples windows and breaking into their cars (luckily they didnt get into mine but it sucks for all the people that did get stolen from).

I hardly go out because I work so much and when I do go out I am always the DD because my friends know they can have a good time with me around to watch them.

I can't speak for other countries but I will say that like a landfill if you let trash buildup you will eventually be covered. People that do this dumb stuff constantly get away with it or just get a slap on the wrist and do it again eventually anyway.

If good people do not have the means to protect simple morality then immorality runs rampant. I have come to see in life and in the weird situations I always seem to find myself in that the long arm of the law is not so long after all.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]