Simply not having the time to fully read everyones responses, I will state my own perspective.

My belief is a gift to myself for standing watch over my fellow man, specifically my friends and family, those I love. As I have asked God to watch over me, defend and protect me, so shall I repay that by manning the walls of the kingdom of heaven, where my grandfather awaits me so that together we may fight the great adversary on the heavenly battle grounds that lay beyond those beautiful walls, we do this so that heaven can be the peaceful place of rest for many others.

That is a fanciful hope of mine, realistically speaking I am not a Evangelist or Crusader, I am a Knight of God, I came to Christ at 32, when I was informed I had never been baptized. However that does not mean I am the type to force others to believe as I do. I sought to be baptized because all my life I struggled for things, sure everyone does to some extent. The difference was/is that I felt besieged, overwhelmed, and alone, anything that could go wrong did, and usually at the worst possible times. I felt I did not have Gods protection, and that having God on my side was better then having nothing. From a warriors perspective you cannot wage war on two fronts without some heavy casualties. All my life I had been fighting against the great adversary, and bucking against Gods advances. So if you are going to join a side why not pick the winning side was my thinking.

Believe how you want Jet, I would be a hypocrite to say otherwise and I don't have any answers for you, nor would I presume to think it appropriate to force any beliefs on anyone. There is a popular quote;

"Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see."
- William Newton Clark

God can be both benevolent and wrathful, but that does not mean there is no purpose to his wrath, aNnNNNnnnND is not the only force at work here either...

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]