I base my atheism / agnosticism on a simple paradox. If you can explain it to me in a way that makes sense, I will adopt your religion.

I base my disbelief on the beneovlence vs omnipotence paradox. Let me explain:

Originally Posted By: beneovlence
benevolent   [buh-nev-uh-luhnt] Show IPA
adjective
characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile.
desiring to help others; charitable: gifts from several benevolent alumni.
intended for benefits rather than profit: a benevolent institution.

Originally Posted By: omnipotence
om·nip·o·tent   [om-nip-uh-tuhnt] Show IPA
adjective
almighty or infinite in power, as God.
having very great or unlimited authority or power.

God is supposed to be both benevolent and omnipotent, but if you look at history, he cannot be both.

Let's take the following event:

Quote:
The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake was an undersea megathrust earthquake that occurred at 00:58:53 UTC on Sunday, December 26, 2004, with an epicentre off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia. The quake itself is known by the scientific community as the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake.[3][4] The resulting tsunami is given various names, including the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, South Asian Tsunami, Indonesian Tsunami, and Boxing Day Tsunami.
The earthquake was caused by subduction and triggered a series of devastating tsunamis along the coasts of most landmasses bordering the Indian Ocean, killing over 230,000 people in fourteen countries, and inundating coastal communities with waves up to 30 meters (98 ft) high.[5] It was one of the deadliest natural disasters in recorded history. Indonesia was the hardest hit, followed by Sri Lanka, India, and Thailand.

God being omnipotent (Being all poweful) let or made this happen. To say that he did not would say that he is not omnipotent, and therefore not godly or godlike.

So if God let or made this happen, then murdering 230,000 people by drowning and suffering can not be considered benevolent by any description of the word. Nor can sentencing beings to burn for eternity in fire (hell).

In conclusion, any god that exists today is neither benevolent or omnipotent, and thereby not a god or deserving of worship. For me 2+2=4.

Anyone willing to take up this challenge?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter