Interesting. As I have stated before, I am not certain of my belief on a "God"..I am certain that I believe in a higher power. One that drives ocurrences perhaps, or simply one that sits back and watchs us. I sometimes think "God" is more like Conan's "Crom", who sits back and watches and who does not give a shit..LOL.

Your true problem, as I perceive it Jet, is not really a matter of a God per se, your problem is one of religion. On that, shockingly, we both very much agree. Religion, as we know it, in all of it's varied forms, are useless extentions of various man made institutions designed to control men. They can all be laid at the feet of various rituals and belief systems before them, carrying symbols and other parts forward. I will more than gladly deate this with anyone as fact.

I will also debate any crotchery having to do withh scientific mumbo jumbo and evolution as the process by which man came about. The so called "big bang" from which all life spread must have been an instantaneous bang, as is proven by the existence of Granite and Polonium 218, a radioactive substance found within Granite. I can expound on that if you wish.

I would be willing to state that there is most probably a God, what his intentions for "man" are is as much a mystery to me as to most people. But to believe in the dogmatic stuff presented by almost all religions is simply an attempt to provide many people who have no purpose and who do not understand purpose, with some hope that when they leave this short life there is something to look forward to. I would be more inclined to believe we are descendants of alien beings, such as can be found in this article http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/dm_report.html than I am in anything from religion.

Last edited by Vuldan; 09/25/11 02:18 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]