Originally Posted By: Sini
Originally Posted By: Derid
I was simply not discounting hard work

When I read 'hard work' I associate it with 'strong backs and soft minds'. After our lengthy discussions on automation, I hope you are familiar with my stance on this?

I reached conclusion that 'hard work' is about to, or already have, translated into one of the following: a) unnecessary invented work b) demeaning and status-lowering activities exchanged for money. Plus we have very harmful c) use cheap labor to suppress the need for innovation.

a) can be boiled down to digging and filling the trenches and b) can be boiled down to demeaning. Neither produces any amount of 'greater good'. c) is unknown amount of net negative 'greater good'.

This leads to an observation that we have a lot of unnecessary and incapable people. What to do with them? Cheap labor isn't what society needs more of right now and is unlikely to change in the future.

The world still needs ditch diggers and will always need them.

This line I just said is an old labor term which I am sure will confuse you more.

I don't know what you do for a living and I don't really care, not being rude,
but you seem to be on a private island somewhere and do not know how the real world works.

I understand that when you hear hard work you think manual
labor. Its hard for a progressive elitist to think otherwise.

I don't know what you mean by demeaning and invented work and
activities, but I am sure you can fill us in.

The more you talk the more you sound like the eugenics society
that Hitler liked.