The credit card industry did not become more consumer friendly. The costs were just shuffled around. More low income borrowers denied credit.

His "investment" in clean energy was simply the process of giving our money, to connected cronies for no return. No two ways about it.

If the CFPB actually serves the interests on consumers over the long term, I will bbe *extremely surprised. I predict fail there, though it will take time to prove me right.

Hate Crimes bill was stupid, a crime is a crime is a crime - crimes are provable, motivations are often not.

Made a recess appointment to new agency, when congress wasnt in recess. I dont care if you think the agency was the best thing since sliced bread, there is no ethical justification for that.

Signed NDAA, returning us to pre-Magna Carta days where the King can arbitrarily imprison anyone he wants.

Defends NDAA in court aggressively, despite the fact that no sane person would call it Constitutional or Just. Just think, your "guy" is in the same camp with Lindsey Graham.

Prosecutes more whistleblowers than all the other Presidents combined.

And many more.

Sadly, yes, style over substance - rhetoric over principle , evil over good are indeed things shared by a majority of the electorate.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)