The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Felix Jaegar, Thib KGB, Aristotyle, Frost, Shellseahoth
1,472 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,075
Posts116,212
Members1,472
Most Online228
Dec 19th, 2019
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 3
Derid 1
Popular Topics(Views)
1,344,203 Trump card
1,028,149 Picture Thread
360,191 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,575
Likes: 12
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
**
Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
**
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,575
Likes: 12
To expand on the questions in the second survey, I would like to participate in PvP groups, presuming it's organized and scheduled. I don't want to log in and wait an indefinite period of time for people to straggle in. If I can look forward to such organization and scheduling, I'll get back in and continue my leveling, but leveling for the sake of leveling does not interest me.


To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,964
Likes: 39
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
****
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 12,964
Likes: 39
Originally Posted by Owain
To expand on the questions in the second survey, I would like to participate in PvP groups, presuming it's organized and scheduled. I don't want to log in and wait an indefinite period of time for people to straggle in. If I can look forward to such organization and scheduling, I'll get back in and continue my leveling, but leveling for the sake of leveling does not interest me.

The results of this survey will be reported and acted on. From Goriom and my discussion, I am trying to gauge the commitment for organized PVP. So far there are 10 folks committed to the spec group concept. This is enough to get started. After the meeting and discussion, I will be appointing Knight Captains to run these groups.

Stay tuned. The meeting will be recorded and posted.


[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,526
Likes: 1
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,526
Likes: 1
As the same with most games the people who can level the fastest get bored with the game as the people who are in it for the long run are catching up.
The whole "I am first to max out" gets lost in the people who are having fun with the game and not the rabbit in the tortoise race. When the people who
race to the finish come back and, maybe in my opinion talk shit about the game, make the game sound not fun may need to keep playing the game they
are playing and keep out of the talking down of the game in question. This is the same shit that pissed me off in the BDO game. We had a bunch of people
that were having fun and people who were not playing came in and shit on the game. It's the same with NW. I understand that you think the game should go
in the direction you want but the people who play are going with how it's going. Maybe if you don't play more than 10 minutes a week don't talk shit because you don't
have a long sword.

Disclaimer
Yes, Goriom I am talking about you.......and yes I have a few bourbons in me. Still love you booooo.

1 member likes this: Wolfgang
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Offline
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
Originally Posted by Helemoto
As the same with most games the people who can level the fastest get bored with the game as the people who are in it for the long run are catching up.
The whole "I am first to max out" gets lost in the people who are having fun with the game and not the rabbit in the tortoise race. When the people who
race to the finish come back and, maybe in my opinion talk shit about the game, make the game sound not fun may need to keep playing the game they
are playing and keep out of the talking down of the game in question. This is the same shit that pissed me off in the BDO game. We had a bunch of people
that were having fun and people who were not playing came in and shit on the game. It's the same with NW. I understand that you think the game should go
in the direction you want but the people who play are going with how it's going. Maybe if you don't play more than 10 minutes a week don't talk shit because you don't
have a long sword.

Disclaimer
Yes, Goriom I am talking about you.......and yes I have a few bourbons in me. Still love you booooo.

This is nonsense.

The game has issues and people are free to state them. Show me instances of me shit talking the game over me saying the game needed more time in the oven. It's wholey apparent they rushed this to release with the amount of bugs and exploits that are constantly reintroduced after each patch. The player base has already dropped 90% since launch. None of this is shit talking. I'm sorry if it bothers you that I like to speak up on matters but no game is perfect everything has a plus and minus, I talk about the pluses and minuses of final fantasy 14 all the time (current game I'm playing). I've done it for ArcheAge etc. I don't live in a reality where I hide from glaring issues about something I enjoy. Critique is something that people are allowed to do.

That being said you're allowed to play and enjoy whatever you want. I enjoy new world. I do not enjoy doing the same chest grind over. One incentive is gone, I am max watermark. There is only so many times I can do a chest run and help others before it becomes a monotonous chore to me. At the same time we are not sieging as a guild which is the only other thing Im interested in doing. so until then there's no reason to play. I said I would come back to the game when they actual release some content and the weapons I'd like to play. This again is not shit talking New World.

Side note: There is a dichotomy in this guild between people who jump in full steam ahead and quickly get to end games so that they can immediately PVP and be competitive when the game is at its peak. And then there are those who cannot devote as much time and take much longer to get to end game. Because of this dichotomy neither side truly wins. Sorry to say but if that bothers you you're going to have to get used to it, as it's going to happen in almost any new faction that KGB opens up. This is the current state of the MMO market and culture.

And don't even rehash the old BDO stuff. The obstinence and the aggression against an officer corps that was trying to engage and get people engaged with the game almost got people to quit KGB for good. In fact we lost two membera over the ordeal and it certainly wasn't because of any officer.

Last edited by Goriom; 01/15/22 12:10 PM.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,526
Likes: 1
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,526
Likes: 1
I will rehash anything I like. I wasn't talking about the BDO issues when Others were running it, which was in my opinion very aggressive but I came in at the tail end of that leadership. I was talking about the shit talking when Tax and I were running it. Don't forget shit-talking is perspective.

This isn't an issue of the gameplay or missing great swords or bug talk.
Again when the people who ran to the max and quit when the slower people didn't get there fast enough, that is not leadership.
Now that the "leadership" has jumped ship and others are who enjoy the game are having fun and new Leadership has arisen the faction(not talking about the game) doesn't need to be talked down. And yes that is my perspective.
"I know there are people who want to PVP and try for cities but the faction doesn't have the proper leadership structure for that to occur." Just because it is not the normal leadership doesn't mean the leadership is not there.
The problem was that the leadership that was perceived to be in charge of this hasn't been playing so it took time to get new leadership in place once it was known they were not coming back.

Everyone knows every game has bugs and issues especially after patches and to be honest, there have not been that many compared to some games I played and they get them fixed faster than most. I don't see "bugs and exploits that are constantly reintroduced after each patch" that you do.


"At the same time we are not sieging as a guild which is the only other thing Im interested in doing." So why not help out to get people ready to siege, we that are playing want to siege also and are working our way to be competitive.
If you can help out a completely new game why not the one you say you want to play.

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Offline
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
1) I was not in any way shape or form an officer or leader for New World. I've stated this multiple times. So when you post something directed toward me and then you start talking about how leadership just up and left, well sorry you're wrong. At least in regards to me.

2) The guild did not have proper officer infrastructure for sieging. When I made the post there weren't even knight captains, generals, etc. This is pretty normal for an active faction to have especially in regards to PVP.

3) the people that got to max level really quickly we're constantly telling people how to do it and the quickest way to do it but nobody wanted to listen to them.

4)There was leadership. They formed groups all the time. I don't know where you've been. (Maybe this is why you were confused, I posted things on behalf of leadership, but I was not in a leadership position. I am an admin on discord)

5) this is also indeed about content because the game severely lacks it. This is why a lot of people have left the game inside and outside of the guild.

6) I'm assisting the final fantasy XIV faction because this title has the most potential to bring in new blood into the guild. I've been trying a few different things to revitalize and grow participation within the guild including our first ever Christmas event that Drew the most activity in discord in forever.

Last edited by Goriom; 01/15/22 03:03 PM.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Offline
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
Originally Posted by Helemoto
Everyone knows every game has bugs and issues especially after patches and to be honest, there have not been that many compared to some games I played and they get them fixed faster than most. I don't see "bugs and exploits that are constantly reintroduced after each patch" that you do.

This one gave me a good chuckle.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 487
Likes: 19
Former KGB Member
*****
Offline
Former KGB Member
*****
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 487
Likes: 19
Originally Posted by Goriom
6) I'm assisting the final fantasy XIV faction because this title has the most potential to bring in new blood into the guild. I've been trying a few different things to revitalize and grow participation within the guild including our first ever Christmas event that Drew the most activity in discord in forever.

Both games have alot of potential to bring in new blood, but that only happens if members are active in the process. Jet's done a hell of a job to right a sinking ship, and its good to see NW stabilized and having 10+ in discord consistently. Now that it has a stable base to build on, it has alot of potential. KGB as a whole is better off having multiple healthy factions, which is does, for the first time in a long time. The back and forth bickering however only serves to divide us in what should be a unified effort to improve KGB, bringing up and rubbing salt in old wounds serves no purpose whatsoever.

Last edited by Selenian; 01/15/22 03:05 PM.
1 member likes this: Bladejewel
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Offline
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
Originally Posted by Goriom
2) The guild did not have proper officer infrastructure for sieging. When I made the post there weren't even knight captains, generals, etc. This is pretty normal for an active faction to have especially in regards to PVP.

And before anyone comes at me thinking I'm attacking the faction because of the statement above. That's not true. The above is fact. Period. Regardless of the reasons why, none of the roles were filled. I'm not pointing the blame at members, leaders, Jet or anyone. It just is what it is. Obviously there have been steps taken to remediate this point.

Last edited by Goriom; 01/15/22 03:08 PM.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Offline
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 980
Likes: 21
Originally Posted by Selenian
Originally Posted by Goriom
6) I'm assisting the final fantasy XIV faction because this title has the most potential to bring in new blood into the guild. I've been trying a few different things to revitalize and grow participation within the guild including our first ever Christmas event that Drew the most activity in discord in forever.

Both games have alot of potential to bring in new blood, but that only happens if members are active in the process. Jet's done a hell of a job to right a sinking ship, and its good to see NW stabilized and having 10+ in discord consistently. Now that it has a stable base to build on, it has alot of potential. KGB as a whole is better off having multiple healthy factions, which is does, for the first time in a long time. The back and forth bickering however only serves to divide us in what should be a unified effort to improve KGB, bringing up and rubbing salt in old wounds serves no purpose whatsoever.

Granted all of what you said is true. I was speaking for myself on this point based on population sizes and yoshi p

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5