Originally Posted By: Helemoto
I have never been told in church that Jesus was a white guy who hated fags.

First of all, take a look at this image search:

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX...63&bih=1164

I have never seen a rendition of Jesus as another other than white. If you have, then it is in the serious minority.

This is a very interesting read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depiction_of_Jesus

In reality, there are no surviving pictures of Jesus, so this is in reality a complete fabrication, yet people worship these false images regularly. I see these images in every religious building I have ever seen.

As far as hating gays goes, here is another interesting image gallery:

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX...63&bih=1164

Certainly the all powerful god would NEVER allow anyone to mislead people as to his true beliefs.

Here are the specific references to homosexuality in the bible. They are pretty clear:
Quote:
Genesis

"And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him."
What did Ham do? Did he just look at his naked father or was there something more to it than that? Some commentators have suggested that Ham committed homosexual rape on his drunken father, and that this was why Ham's descendants were eternally punished with slavery. 9:24
This verse doesn't say what the Sodomites did to make them such exceedingly great sinners, though most bible believers equate "Sodomite" with homosexual. (But see Ezekiel 16:49, which claims the sins of Sodom were pride, gluttony, sloth, greed, and failure to help the poor.) 13:13
The two angels that visit Lot wash their feet, eat, and are sexually irresistible to Sodomites. 19:1-5
God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. 19:4-5, 24-25
What did Sarah see? 21:9
Leviticus

Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. 18:22
If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13
Deuteronomy

Women are not to wear men's clothing -- it's an "abomination unto the Lord." 22:5
God says not be bring any whore, sodomite, or dog into the house of the Lord. For "these things are an abomination to the Lord." Sodomites and dogs are biblical names for homosexuals. 23:17-18
1 Samuel

Saul is angered by his son's homosexual affair with David and says, "do not I know that thou has chosen the son of Jesse to thine own confusion of thy mother's nakedness?" 20:30
Saul sets an example for Christian parents that discover that they have a homosexual child: try to kill the child and his or her lover. 20:31-33
1 Kings

"There were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations...."
God shows his homophobia by calling gay people "sodomites" and their sexual relations "abominations." 14:24
Asa "did that which was right in the eyes of the LORD" by expelling homosexuals (or "sodomites", as the good book calls them). 15:12
Jehoshaphat "did that which was right in the eyes of the Lord" and "took" the homosexuals (sodomites) "out of the land," or as the RSV says, "he exterminated" them. 22:43, 46
2 Kings

Josiah, with God's approval, broke down the houses of the sodomites. 23:7
Isaiah

"They declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul!"
The biblical god just doesn't seem to care much for homosexuals. And he gets especially upset when "they hide it not." 3:9
Daniel

"Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all."
Some Christians think this refers to the antichrist. (He'll be an atheist homosexual.) 11:37
Romans

With his usual intolerance, Paul condemns homosexuals (including lesbians). This is the only clear reference to lesbians in the Bible. 1:26-28
Homosexuals (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death." 1:31-32
1 Corinthians

Paul lists ten things that will keep you out of heaven, including homosexuality and being "effeminate." 6:9-10
1 Timothy

Homosexuals (those "that defile themselves with mankind") are included on the list of lawless, disobedient, unholy, and profane people. 1:10
2 Timothy

Iin the last days people will become evil, "without natural affection." Fundamentalist say that this refers to homosexuals. 3:3
Jude

God sent "eternal fire" on the people of Sodom and Gomorrah for "going after strange flesh." 7-8
Revelation

"Dogs [homosexuals?], sorcerers, whoremongers, idolaters" and along with anyone who ever told a lie will not enter the heavenly city. 22:15

It really bothers me that people pick and choose what versus of the bible to live by. This is why I have such a HUGE problem with religion in general.

The bible came from writings that were compiled more than 100 years old when they were reviewed by man, and man alone decided what to keep in and what to purge. Clearly to me, this is the work of man, by man, in order to control the masses.

Now science cannot explain everything, and I have an open mind and have experienced things that we cannot explain, but anyone who asks me for money, and then claims that I will burn in hell for all eternity if I do not believe and support their opinion, is less that godly.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter