Originally Posted by Derid
Originally Posted by Sini
One reason spheres are apt descriptors of idealogical spectrum is that is you travel far enough in one direction, you end up on the opposite side.

My key objection to your statement can be summarized as "anti-authoritorian != left-wing". At least not for the past 50 years.

I don't classify these people as anti-authoritarian, quite often these types are actually very authoritarian - they just make exceptions for excercise of authority they personally dislike.

This might as well be the case, but in this specific example we are discussing, the behaviour is clearly a civil disobidience against unreasonble infractions of personal freedoms. Which is anti-authoritorian behaviour.

I still consider these demonstrations very pro-authoritarianism because they fundamentally assert that the rights of others are secondary to their own personal opinions. In their view, the rights of property owners are secondary to their their own personal opinions and desires, giving them the right to harass people and tresspass until they get their way.

In this specific example, the American Museum of Natural History would likely be considered public space. More so, your argument presupposes that any property owner neccessary agrees with mandates and enforces them without being compelled to do so by the state.

[Linked Image]