Originally Posted by Sini
While I don't think Wolfgang is factually correct, the underlying point - that in a Democrat-controlled areas COVID related infractions are treated more seriously by law enforcement than actual crimes - is fundamentally valid.

This is not established. It would be more accurate to say "in some Democratic controlled areas, it appears as though COVID related infraction may be taken more seriously"

As a practical matter, the example given likely has nothing to do with COVID and everything to due with location. In pretty much any big city I have been to, making a scene at a tourist attraction, especially one in a nice part of town is likely to garner a rapid response from authorities.

Had said anarchists decided to go endanger the public and their children in some shithole establishment in the slums, local precint would probably have not been quite so on top of it. Which is itself a problem, but not one that is really related to COVID.

The question here is how were the authorities supposed to react? How is the museum supposed to handle these types of people? Also noticed the demonstrators weren't even wearing masks. So, ignoring science for a moment and just going on what the establishment believes- that having unvacinnated, unmasked people unduly endangers their staff and other guests - or even that the establishment recognises that unvaccinated, unmasked people make a large portion of their staff and *other guests feel uncomfortable - said establishment lays some ground rules.

This entire assertion in the daily mail and original twwitter twit basically revolves around the fallacy of " Democrats often do stupid shit, and I don't like COVID restrictions, and since they are more enforced in Democrat areas that means that said enforcement is also stupid"

Though I can also assert with confidence, living in a heavy GOP area, that if someone pulled that shit here with a local landmark/attraction the results would have been identical or even worse for said protestors - even if the police privately agreed with their stance on COVID restrictions. Because starting shit at tourist attractions and other places of business simply because you disagree with their policies is bad for business, which generally won't be tolerated.

Looking at the Dailymail article again, its a gold mine of telling info:

"In late December, unmasked protesters, which included the 41-year-old Bosch, barged into a Burger King in Brooklyn and were filmed yelling at staffers for refusing to serve them."

Think about that. These are known repeat offenders- and people with such disgusting personalities that they will go to a Burger King and yell at the minimum-wage cashiers. So, why should any employee at any establishment not be entitled to having the autrhorities protect them from these kinds of asshats?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)