Originally Posted By: Derid

I think the only naive thing, is to think that someone with the political muscle to become President, can do so without having tiers of loyal minions fighting dirty on their behalf - or that silent and passive approval cant and wont roll down hill to influence ambitious bottom feeders.

Sorry, I have studied far to much history to believe otherwise - and unlike many people am not under any illusions that the politicians in this decade are any different that any others one, two, three, four, or 14 decades ago. (Many Presidents have used IRS as a political weapon, historically speaking - Nixon and FDR immediately come to mind).

Do I think Obama personally wrote a memo to IRS folks telling them to target political enemies, and scrawled his John Doe large on it? Of course not. That does not change the fact that he has been very careful to make sure that there is as little outside investigation as possible. It does not change the fact that he has ignored the rule of law when he did not want to be inconvenienced, and has even outdone Bush and Cheney in terms of secrecy and intimidating and persecuting whistleblowers.

As far as the other things you talk about, when have I ever been anything but opposed to separation of Church and State?

When it comes to abortion, I have never been "pro life". True, I think that issue falls about at the bottom in terms of importance, but thats just because we have so many truly dire problems at hand.

As far as Romney.... I am still split on him. Obama is pretty bad. But on the other hand.. Romney is no friend to liberty. It could well in fact have turned out, that a President Romney would have been the way they finally did manage to disarm the public. In that regard, Romney could have gotten away with a lot with far less pushback than Obama.

I honestly dont get why you like Obamacare though. Even if you like the "idea" of Obamacare, I cant see how you could have supported that legislation. Have you ever actually read it? Tell me that if you had an team of underlings at work submit a systems implementation plan of similar quality , for a project that would have a massive impact on the future of the company, that you would not fire them on the spot.

In my case, and the reality of the matter is you have to pick the lessor of the two evils. I am not a blind liberal. I have to pick the lessor of the two evils. Voting for someone with no chance is a cop out. Ron Paul never had even a slight chance. SO by default, you are against all the things I posted. That is the point I am trying to make. Your personal beliefs are appreciated, but a vote for anyone other that Obama meant that in the last choice of the two candidates, all the things I mentioned are not important enough for you to compromise. That is a boiled down fact.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter