Originally Posted By: JetStar
You seem to hold personal liberty so dear EXCEPT when it comes to a woman's body, and other things that someone with librarian ideals should absolutely never allow.
You know good and damn well that the abortion argument isn't that simple. You and sini continue to try to frame your side such that any argument against it appears to be heartless and uncaring. It is total bullshit and you know it. Nevermind the fact that Derid isn't on record being a crazy eyed anti-abortion supporter. So, why don't you share with us some of the things that you claim he supports that "[sic] librarian ideals should absolutely never allow"? Has he espoused support for abolishing the dewey decimal system when we weren't looking?

For the record, Derid has no need of my intrusion on this topic, but I cannot stand to watch you guys lie in an effort to hold the rest of us out as pariahs.

You, however, just said in exactly these words that you support Planned Parenthood, and claim to be well educated about your beliefs and the things you support. So, based on the way that you and sini leap to conclusions about the rest of us, we can now say that you hate black people, the infirm and the generally less productive members of society.

Originally Posted By: Margaret Sanger
We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

Originally Posted By: Margaret Sanger
Our failure to segregate morons who are increasing and multiplying ... demonstrates our foolhardy and extravagant sentimentalism ... [Philanthropists] encourage the healthier and more normal sections of the world to shoulder the burden of unthinking and indiscriminate fecundity of others; which brings with it, as I think the reader must agree, a dead weight of human waste. Instead of decreasing and aiming to eliminate the stocks that are most detrimental to the future of the race and the world, it tends to render them to a menacing degree dominant ... We are paying for, and even submitting to, the dictates of an ever-increasing, unceasingly spawning class of human beings who never should have been born at all.
This woman entitles a chapter in one of her books "the cruelty of charity" and she is a hero of the left.

I'm sure none of this, nor the fact that the vast majority of Planned Parenthood offices are located in inner city minority dominated areas, will change your mind because you see me as a closed minded bigot (irony?) and nothing I say is worth you even reading all the way through. My sincere hope is that the other folks reading this will see that your attempts to discredit us for not caring are rooted in the soil of dishonesty at best and out right evil at worst.

The beauty of the argument of the left is that it is always couched in such a way that it allows you to shut off your brain and say "yes, I agree with this because it makes me feel good to think that the things I espouse will help people" and you never bother to look at where it actually comes from or what its actual impact is.

The simple truth is, life is hard and is full of hard choices. Let us know when you wake up from your stupor and want to start helping the civilized world work through the hard choices instead of just supporting the ideas that make you feel good.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]