KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Heheh its been a nostalgic thread. Of Course I wasnt KGB yet at the time this was happening, trying to think what would have been going on in October.

IIRC I would occasionally take a murder on you guys though, I know one of you did something to irritate me like in like March of 98 and I rolled through and smashed you guys up until rep patch occasionally, I know I declared on you with my AoD stone for a while dont think you ever reciprocated though. ( I think you actually thieved something from me Ranker, and got away which pissed me off)

From what I remember your skills revolved around guard kills from hugging GY though =p

You could tell UO pecking order in level of skill by where people hung out.

Deceit Dual room/Bridge > Upper Deceit > Covetious Entrance > Brit Xroads > Random other places > Brit GY

Though when I think about it I think I did start liking you guys when you started fighting PoA, I had a bone to pick with those folk and their buddies, think I might have randomly helped you guys a couple times with that one.

If you looked at our stone, we declared on every single guild on the server. I literally sat there for a 24 hour period and just clicked on every guild humanly possible. Mafia never turned a possible war down nor did we EVER undeclare on any guild that warred us. Many guilds undeclared on us after we rolled them.

If you follow even KGB's posts, you'll see that we roamed everywhere. Nothing was really our "home" other than our various towers. However, the Brit cemetery was most fun simply because that was where chaos ensued during server down time.

You have to remember that Mafia was formed as response toward the carebearization of UO when it cracked down on PK's. My PK crew started in UO beta and basically pushed LoD and LoE off of our server because they couldn't compete with our skill/efficiency. They were the two most dominant PK guilds up until we formed and started monopolizing dungeon runs. Once the Dreadlord days were neutered by OSI's idiotic decision to implement stat loss (we still PK'ed as our pk characters but it wasn't something 24/7 sustainable), we decided to formalize ourselves under TM, The Mafia.

PoA was fun to fight although they were ruthless pricks even to our standards. Before they quit & undeclared on us, they gave us props as being their most difficult opponent. I ran into those guys years later on DAoC. Anyhow, we left UO as a result of no other clan/guild willing to war us. KGB had undeclared and PoA undeclared on us 3 months afterward after we took over both of their towers.

Don't pretend you declared on us. Even Jetstar's pic showed the only guilds that had balls to remain at war with us were 1) KGB 2) PoA. We always reciprocated. Our only motivation to play was to PvP/PK. We cared for little else. We don't roleplay like KGB does with all of their ranks and what not. We played to PvP. You may have mistaken our guild for many of the wannabe guilds that ran around trying to be our copy cats such as Costra Nostra, Britian Mafia, etc.

Anyhow, regardless, its good to hear there are old faces still around =)

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Ranker, have you spent all this time working on your IPW skills, you rant better than the old days. :-)

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Huh? Dont Pretend I declared on you? Sorry Ranker, if I am not certain you ever reciprocated, its because you either didnt or if you did you blended in with the rest.
Oh and downtime madness was fun but didnt count for shit, because the whole reason it was popular is it got rolled back.

Grats on surviving though, TBH the only reason I even remember you guys is because of your odd name and I honestly thought the only pac guilds of my day to survive past UO were KGB, OPP, DF and TSL. And I heard some years ago that FL still survived in some form in UO itself.

Oh, and was Oct before or after DIA/PCG war? And Chaos/Order patch? If it was after, my old stone was defunct and I was on new stone by myself running Order because PoA and DF and pals were running as Chaos.

You also didn't take over KGB's tower 3 months after and were apparently ignorant of the happenings on most of the rest of the server, because I hadn't even joined KGB yet and when I joined KGB still had its tower and did until I left UO sometime around may '99 so theres no way in hell you got KGB's tower in January. ( 3 months after october)

Sometime in that timeframe KGB warred NC + PoA and Dragon Family/whatever they were called , in what commonly because known as the second PGC wars with 90% of the server that mattered getting involved in one way or another, except this time KGB won.

Much love though, its fun trashtalking with old UO peeps.

Just dont pretend you guys were the end all and be all of skill on Pac, or central to the politics of the server because you werent. <3

I do remember Costa Nostra though, vaguely, and those guys were truly worthless... honestly the only TM I remember at all is you Ranker. Of course its been a long long time, I honestly have to think for a bit to even remember major shit clearly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good times for all in occello and deceit.

R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Ranker, have you spent all this time working on your IPW skills, you rant better than the old days. :-)

As registered lobbyist, a lawyer, a former LA for a House of Representative, and hopefully a future member of congress somewhere down the road, I'd like to think my ranting has improved over the years.

My substantial income depends on my ability to communicate well. =)

Last edited by Ranker; 12/12/08 09:16 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
A lobbyist, a lawyer, and a person who aspires to be a member of congress?

Talk about scum!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:

Quote:

As registered lobbyist, a lawyer, a former LA for a House of Representative, and hopefully a future member of congress somewhere down the road, I'd like to think my ranting has improved over the years.

Cool, maybe I can get on the RL news and sell his shady past as a Virtual Murderer!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cool, maybe I can get on the RL news and sell his shady past as a Virtual Murderer!

Haha. We all need to release our inner demons in some form or another.

In any case, I really hope Darkfall comes to reality. Many of the old guys that played UO back in the day are considering making gaming comebacks just to get our wars going again. =)

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just wonder how all the virtual murderers are going to take it when they find out he's a lawyer? They do have standards, you know...

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:

I think you are having visions of grandeur. Don't make me go into the archives. About 4 or 5 of you hung at the Britain Graveyard and we slaughtered you.

Ahhh, JetStar,

It's very nice to see you and your fellow members again. I'm sure we're all guilty of selective memory from our UO days since I can also attest to killing KGB members 5:1 but I didn't document it as well as your society has.

Anyways, it's great to hear you and Ranker getting things sexied up for DFO. I can promise you that for your society and for The Mafia that DFO will be a mean a whole lot more with us two on the same server kicking up some dust.

This may be the last UO style mmo for the next several year that we've been looking for and I don't know about you but I wanna take full advantage for this Holy Grail.

Hopefully, we can make arrangements to be on the same server to suit us both well. It'd be nice to see old adversaries again.

love & kisses

GoGo (Golgo)

The Mafia

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard