KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,007,058 Trump card
1,337,740 Picture Thread
477,295 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Yeah, Ranker, I remember you. I remember killing boatloads of your guildmates, too.

R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Long time indeed Jetstar. I hope DFO becomes a reality so we can meet each other on the field of battle once more

TM vs KGB part 2!

R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Yeah, Ranker, I remember you. I remember killing boatloads of your guildmates, too.

You do realize that we overwhelmingly killed more KGB than KGB kill TM right? It's the reason you guys undeclared war on our guild.

That said, KGB was the only guild that gave us competition and we you for that. But do remember, we were the only guild that could boast 7x GM's with resist across the board before exploits made it possible to achieve.

I do hope we roll on the same DFO servers together. It'd be a blast to renew the wars =)

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I think you are having visions of grandeur. Don't make me go into the archives. About 4 or 5 of you hung at the Britain Graveyard and we slaughtered you.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

I think you are having visions of grandeur. Don't make me go into the archives. About 4 or 5 of you hung at the Britain Graveyard and we slaughtered you.

LOL Jetstar. You don't remember undeclaring war on us? Losing your tower keys to us? We were the most dominant PK guild on the server. Cmon Jetstar, you can't win them all.

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Ok I went back, you can find the KGB Sentinel Archive link on the entrance page.

KGB Sentinel Archives for October 1998

-We have over 1000 screen shots of TM deaths
-In infiltrated your Guild because of your recruit anyone policy and took pictures of your guildstone.
-We owned your claimed territory whenever we pleased. I declared victory but offered you guys some props too.

You were clearly out numbered and out gunned at that time. It is all documented forever :-)

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Ok I went back, you can find the KGB Sentinel Archive link on the entrance page.

KGB Sentinel Archives for October 1998

-We have over 1000 screen shots of TM deaths
-In infiltrated your Guild because of your recruit anyone policy and took pictures of your guildstone.
-We owned your claimed territory whenever we pleased. I declared victory but offered you guys some props too.

You were clearly out numbered and out gunned at that time. It is all documented forever :-)

LOL. Jetstar, you do know that the reason we got access to your buildings was because we turned one of your two so called informants. KGB always had the numbers, but we had the skill. Most of our guys were 7x GM's. Yours weren't. I do give you props for coordinating such a large guild so well. It was something I never wanted to do nor considered myself capable of.

I gave you guys credit for giving us a good challenge. But don't presume you won when we killed many more and were considered by many of the old school guilds to be the most dominant PvP wise

You undeclared on us for a reason. We warred the whole server and forced entire guilds to quit or merge less they succumb to our raids.

In any case, if DFO becomes a reality, maybe we can start up TM vs KGB part 2 and settle it this time

With respect, some humor, and nostalgia for the past,
-Ranker

JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well the reason why I declared victory was you guys were just not fun anymore. Despite your skills we dominated the GY and you guys just doing the insurgency thing. Its all there in the archives to read, and I still have Hard Cash's 1000 TM screen shots if you would like to see um.

Star Citizen Hanger:
R
DFO - The Mafia
DFO - The Mafia
R
Quote:

Well the reason why I declared victory was you guys were just not fun anymore. Despite your skills we dominated the GY and you guys just doing the insurgency thing. Its all there in the archives to read, and I still have Hard Cash's 1000 TM screen shots if you would like to see um.

You do see how you are affording yourself the option of being able to interpret what happened at will. You had numbers, we had more resources, better equipped, trained players. We could take you guys evenly or even outnumbered up to a point. You guys had superior numbers are you always stressed using superior numbers rather than fighting us mano y mano.

KGB did roll into the TM cemetery, but only with ridiculously superior numbers. You can claim those as 'wins', but you do realize that most of the impromptu engagements between our two guilds often saw us as the winners.

Mafia never undeclared war on any guild. Guilds undeclared on us because they couldn't suffer the losses or the constant attacks by our forces. The only reason we moved on from UO was simply because every other guild undeclared war on us. You and PoA were the last two to have any courage to take us on. Every other guild folded under our onslaught.

You can say it was no longer fun fighting us. I can understand that. But to declare victory? Cmon Jetstar, we're both old men now and we know this doesn't sound quite right.

I thoroughly enjoyed the wars with KGB. Simply put, after you undeclared upon us and we ended up focusing on PoA and steam rolling them, UO no longer became fun for us because there was nobody left willing to fight us.

Anyhow, I hope this friendly adversarial war between our two guilds and start up once again if DFO turns out to be the game all of us have been hoping for.

I for one have been waiting 15 years for a game to give me the same pleasure, adrenaline rush as UO did.

I hope to see you guys on the battlefield. Stay in touch!

Ranker

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Heheh its been a nostalgic thread. Of Course I wasnt KGB yet at the time this was happening, trying to think what would have been going on in October.

IIRC I would occasionally take a murder on you guys though, I know one of you did something to irritate me like in like March of 98 and I rolled through and smashed you guys up until rep patch occasionally, I know I declared on you with my AoD stone for a while dont think you ever reciprocated though. ( I think you actually thieved something from me Ranker, and got away which pissed me off)

From what I remember your skills revolved around guard kills from hugging GY though =p

You could tell UO pecking order in level of skill by where people hung out.

Deceit Dual room/Bridge > Upper Deceit > Covetious Entrance > Brit Xroads > Random other places > Brit GY

Though when I think about it I think I did start liking you guys when you started fighting PoA, I had a bone to pick with those folk and their buddies, think I might have randomly helped you guys a couple times with that one.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard