The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar Could this finally be it? - 12/05/08 09:44 AM

MMORPG.COM reports:

Quote:

MMORPG.com:
There is a great deal of confusion surrounding Darkfall's beta and release schedule. Could you clarify any of this for us?

Tasos Flambouras:
We've been trying to get our partners up to speed and there will be an official statement in the next few days announcing a release date for the game. This should clear things up.

Could this actually be it? Has the day finally come? What do you think?
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/05/08 01:28 PM
Yes. I expect a firm date by mid next week.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/05/08 01:30 PM
Nevermind. Here it is:

Quote:

January 22nd 2009 Launch Date Announced for Darkfall Online.

Athens, Greece – December 5th, 2008 - Audio Visual Enterprises SA and Aventurine SA in a joint statement today announced that their highly anticipated MMORPG title Darkfall Online will launch across Europe on January 22nd, 2009. North American players are also welcome to participate in the European launch of Darkfall which will precede a North American launch.

More details to be announced as they become available.

For all of those doubting on vent, didn't I say mid to late Jan!?
Posted By: Bardaji Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/05/08 01:35 PM
Wonder how long the Euro launch will "precede" the NA launch?
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/05/08 02:20 PM
Note sure. I'm betting we will be having a discussion about it soon.
Posted By: Owain Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/06/08 03:40 PM
woot
Posted By: Syloc Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/08/08 01:43 AM
Wooo! I'm ready, just canceled my Warhammer Account.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/11/08 08:15 AM
Anyone remember Ranker from TM (The Mafia) back on UO Pacific shard?

We hope to see you guys in Darkfall.
http://themafia-guild.com
Posted By: Falx Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/11/08 05:05 PM
I have canceled my WAR account, and am patiently awaiting DFO. In the meantime i am playing bf2 and CS 1.6 for fps practice.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/11/08 08:06 PM
Hey RANKER! Long long time!
Posted By: Demoyn Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/11/08 08:37 PM
Yeah, Ranker, I remember you. I remember killing boatloads of your guildmates, too.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/11/08 11:58 PM
Long time indeed Jetstar. I hope DFO becomes a reality so we can meet each other on the field of battle once more

TM vs KGB part 2!
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 01:07 AM
Quote:

Yeah, Ranker, I remember you. I remember killing boatloads of your guildmates, too.

You do realize that we overwhelmingly killed more KGB than KGB kill TM right? It's the reason you guys undeclared war on our guild.

That said, KGB was the only guild that gave us competition and we you for that. But do remember, we were the only guild that could boast 7x GM's with resist across the board before exploits made it possible to achieve.

I do hope we roll on the same DFO servers together. It'd be a blast to renew the wars =)
Posted By: JetStar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 01:09 AM
I think you are having visions of grandeur. Don't make me go into the archives. About 4 or 5 of you hung at the Britain Graveyard and we slaughtered you.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 01:26 AM
Quote:

I think you are having visions of grandeur. Don't make me go into the archives. About 4 or 5 of you hung at the Britain Graveyard and we slaughtered you.

LOL Jetstar. You don't remember undeclaring war on us? Losing your tower keys to us? We were the most dominant PK guild on the server. Cmon Jetstar, you can't win them all.
Posted By: JetStar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 01:28 AM
Ok I went back, you can find the KGB Sentinel Archive link on the entrance page.

KGB Sentinel Archives for October 1998

-We have over 1000 screen shots of TM deaths
-In infiltrated your Guild because of your recruit anyone policy and took pictures of your guildstone.
-We owned your claimed territory whenever we pleased. I declared victory but offered you guys some props too.

You were clearly out numbered and out gunned at that time. It is all documented forever :-)
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 01:40 AM
Quote:

Ok I went back, you can find the KGB Sentinel Archive link on the entrance page.

KGB Sentinel Archives for October 1998

-We have over 1000 screen shots of TM deaths
-In infiltrated your Guild because of your recruit anyone policy and took pictures of your guildstone.
-We owned your claimed territory whenever we pleased. I declared victory but offered you guys some props too.

You were clearly out numbered and out gunned at that time. It is all documented forever :-)

LOL. Jetstar, you do know that the reason we got access to your buildings was because we turned one of your two so called informants. KGB always had the numbers, but we had the skill. Most of our guys were 7x GM's. Yours weren't. I do give you props for coordinating such a large guild so well. It was something I never wanted to do nor considered myself capable of.

I gave you guys credit for giving us a good challenge. But don't presume you won when we killed many more and were considered by many of the old school guilds to be the most dominant PvP wise

You undeclared on us for a reason. We warred the whole server and forced entire guilds to quit or merge less they succumb to our raids.

In any case, if DFO becomes a reality, maybe we can start up TM vs KGB part 2 and settle it this time

With respect, some humor, and nostalgia for the past,
-Ranker
Posted By: JetStar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 02:27 AM
Well the reason why I declared victory was you guys were just not fun anymore. Despite your skills we dominated the GY and you guys just doing the insurgency thing. Its all there in the archives to read, and I still have Hard Cash's 1000 TM screen shots if you would like to see um.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 02:54 AM
Quote:

Well the reason why I declared victory was you guys were just not fun anymore. Despite your skills we dominated the GY and you guys just doing the insurgency thing. Its all there in the archives to read, and I still have Hard Cash's 1000 TM screen shots if you would like to see um.

You do see how you are affording yourself the option of being able to interpret what happened at will. You had numbers, we had more resources, better equipped, trained players. We could take you guys evenly or even outnumbered up to a point. You guys had superior numbers are you always stressed using superior numbers rather than fighting us mano y mano.

KGB did roll into the TM cemetery, but only with ridiculously superior numbers. You can claim those as 'wins', but you do realize that most of the impromptu engagements between our two guilds often saw us as the winners.

Mafia never undeclared war on any guild. Guilds undeclared on us because they couldn't suffer the losses or the constant attacks by our forces. The only reason we moved on from UO was simply because every other guild undeclared war on us. You and PoA were the last two to have any courage to take us on. Every other guild folded under our onslaught.

You can say it was no longer fun fighting us. I can understand that. But to declare victory? Cmon Jetstar, we're both old men now and we know this doesn't sound quite right.

I thoroughly enjoyed the wars with KGB. Simply put, after you undeclared upon us and we ended up focusing on PoA and steam rolling them, UO no longer became fun for us because there was nobody left willing to fight us.

Anyhow, I hope this friendly adversarial war between our two guilds and start up once again if DFO turns out to be the game all of us have been hoping for.

I for one have been waiting 15 years for a game to give me the same pleasure, adrenaline rush as UO did.

I hope to see you guys on the battlefield. Stay in touch!

Ranker
Posted By: Derid Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 07:41 AM

Heheh its been a nostalgic thread. Of Course I wasnt KGB yet at the time this was happening, trying to think what would have been going on in October.

IIRC I would occasionally take a murder on you guys though, I know one of you did something to irritate me like in like March of 98 and I rolled through and smashed you guys up until rep patch occasionally, I know I declared on you with my AoD stone for a while dont think you ever reciprocated though. ( I think you actually thieved something from me Ranker, and got away which pissed me off)

From what I remember your skills revolved around guard kills from hugging GY though =p

You could tell UO pecking order in level of skill by where people hung out.

Deceit Dual room/Bridge > Upper Deceit > Covetious Entrance > Brit Xroads > Random other places > Brit GY

Though when I think about it I think I did start liking you guys when you started fighting PoA, I had a bone to pick with those folk and their buddies, think I might have randomly helped you guys a couple times with that one.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 07:28 PM
Quote:

Heheh its been a nostalgic thread. Of Course I wasnt KGB yet at the time this was happening, trying to think what would have been going on in October.

IIRC I would occasionally take a murder on you guys though, I know one of you did something to irritate me like in like March of 98 and I rolled through and smashed you guys up until rep patch occasionally, I know I declared on you with my AoD stone for a while dont think you ever reciprocated though. ( I think you actually thieved something from me Ranker, and got away which pissed me off)

From what I remember your skills revolved around guard kills from hugging GY though =p

You could tell UO pecking order in level of skill by where people hung out.

Deceit Dual room/Bridge > Upper Deceit > Covetious Entrance > Brit Xroads > Random other places > Brit GY

Though when I think about it I think I did start liking you guys when you started fighting PoA, I had a bone to pick with those folk and their buddies, think I might have randomly helped you guys a couple times with that one.

If you looked at our stone, we declared on every single guild on the server. I literally sat there for a 24 hour period and just clicked on every guild humanly possible. Mafia never turned a possible war down nor did we EVER undeclare on any guild that warred us. Many guilds undeclared on us after we rolled them.

If you follow even KGB's posts, you'll see that we roamed everywhere. Nothing was really our "home" other than our various towers. However, the Brit cemetery was most fun simply because that was where chaos ensued during server down time.

You have to remember that Mafia was formed as response toward the carebearization of UO when it cracked down on PK's. My PK crew started in UO beta and basically pushed LoD and LoE off of our server because they couldn't compete with our skill/efficiency. They were the two most dominant PK guilds up until we formed and started monopolizing dungeon runs. Once the Dreadlord days were neutered by OSI's idiotic decision to implement stat loss (we still PK'ed as our pk characters but it wasn't something 24/7 sustainable), we decided to formalize ourselves under TM, The Mafia.

PoA was fun to fight although they were ruthless pricks even to our standards. Before they quit & undeclared on us, they gave us props as being their most difficult opponent. I ran into those guys years later on DAoC. Anyhow, we left UO as a result of no other clan/guild willing to war us. KGB had undeclared and PoA undeclared on us 3 months afterward after we took over both of their towers.

Don't pretend you declared on us. Even Jetstar's pic showed the only guilds that had balls to remain at war with us were 1) KGB 2) PoA. We always reciprocated. Our only motivation to play was to PvP/PK. We cared for little else. We don't roleplay like KGB does with all of their ranks and what not. We played to PvP. You may have mistaken our guild for many of the wannabe guilds that ran around trying to be our copy cats such as Costra Nostra, Britian Mafia, etc.

Anyhow, regardless, its good to hear there are old faces still around =)
Posted By: Vuldan Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 09:37 PM
Ranker, have you spent all this time working on your IPW skills, you rant better than the old days. :-)
Posted By: Derid Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/12/08 10:09 PM

Huh? Dont Pretend I declared on you? Sorry Ranker, if I am not certain you ever reciprocated, its because you either didnt or if you did you blended in with the rest.
Oh and downtime madness was fun but didnt count for shit, because the whole reason it was popular is it got rolled back.

Grats on surviving though, TBH the only reason I even remember you guys is because of your odd name and I honestly thought the only pac guilds of my day to survive past UO were KGB, OPP, DF and TSL. And I heard some years ago that FL still survived in some form in UO itself.

Oh, and was Oct before or after DIA/PCG war? And Chaos/Order patch? If it was after, my old stone was defunct and I was on new stone by myself running Order because PoA and DF and pals were running as Chaos.

You also didn't take over KGB's tower 3 months after and were apparently ignorant of the happenings on most of the rest of the server, because I hadn't even joined KGB yet and when I joined KGB still had its tower and did until I left UO sometime around may '99 so theres no way in hell you got KGB's tower in January. ( 3 months after october)

Sometime in that timeframe KGB warred NC + PoA and Dragon Family/whatever they were called , in what commonly because known as the second PGC wars with 90% of the server that mattered getting involved in one way or another, except this time KGB won.

Much love though, its fun trashtalking with old UO peeps.

Just dont pretend you guys were the end all and be all of skill on Pac, or central to the politics of the server because you werent. <3

I do remember Costa Nostra though, vaguely, and those guys were truly worthless... honestly the only TM I remember at all is you Ranker. Of course its been a long long time, I honestly have to think for a bit to even remember major shit clearly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/13/08 03:28 AM
good times for all in occello and deceit.
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/13/08 04:16 AM
Quote:

Ranker, have you spent all this time working on your IPW skills, you rant better than the old days. :-)

As registered lobbyist, a lawyer, a former LA for a House of Representative, and hopefully a future member of congress somewhere down the road, I'd like to think my ranting has improved over the years.

My substantial income depends on my ability to communicate well. =)
Posted By: Owain Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/13/08 11:52 AM
A lobbyist, a lawyer, and a person who aspires to be a member of congress?

Talk about scum!

Posted By: JetStar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/13/08 07:17 PM
Quote:

Quote:

As registered lobbyist, a lawyer, a former LA for a House of Representative, and hopefully a future member of congress somewhere down the road, I'd like to think my ranting has improved over the years.

Cool, maybe I can get on the RL news and sell his shady past as a Virtual Murderer!
Posted By: Ranker Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/14/08 02:32 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cool, maybe I can get on the RL news and sell his shady past as a Virtual Murderer!

Haha. We all need to release our inner demons in some form or another.

In any case, I really hope Darkfall comes to reality. Many of the old guys that played UO back in the day are considering making gaming comebacks just to get our wars going again. =)
Posted By: Owain Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/14/08 08:24 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just wonder how all the virtual murderers are going to take it when they find out he's a lawyer? They do have standards, you know...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/23/08 07:36 AM
Quote:

Ahhh, JetStar,

It's very nice to see you and your fellow members again. I'm sure we're all guilty of selective memory from our UO days since I can also attest to killing KGB members 5:1 but I didn't document it as well as your society has.

Anyways, it's great to hear you and Ranker getting things sexied up for DFO. I can promise you that for your society and for The Mafia that DFO will be a mean a whole lot more with us two on the same server kicking up some dust.

This may be the last UO style mmo for the next several year that we've been looking for and I don't know about you but I wanna take full advantage for this Holy Grail.

Hopefully, we can make arrangements to be on the same server to suit us both well. It'd be nice to see old adversaries again.

love & kisses

GoGo (Golgo)

The Mafia
Posted By: Represent Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/23/08 08:23 AM
KGB has enough enemies to last till the end of time one more on the server won't hurt heh
Posted By: dolmar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/23/08 12:48 PM
uDa got left out of a Pac uo Chitchat?
OMGOOGLES Hurt feelingz ...
Posted By: Wyldman Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/28/08 09:39 PM
Hello.

Some time ago I received an email notifying me that KGB will have a presence on Darkfall. Does anyone know what server we will call home? I would like to know before I start new toons. Thanks again, and it will be absolutely great to play with you all again!

Take care and see you on-line!

n0nuf - Wyldman (Wow US Garona Alliance, Eve, and many many more)
Posted By: JetStar Re: Could this finally be it? - 12/28/08 09:53 PM
Wyld, we dont know anything about that yet, stay tuned for more information.
Posted By: ChewY Re: Could this finally be it? - 01/09/09 03:13 AM
Wanker, yeah i remember that guy,
sup broe lulz.
Posted By: Drakiis Re: Could this finally be it? - 01/10/09 12:41 AM
Don't sacrifice the future for the past or present, ancient history means nothing, what is most important is that KGB still stands, while other guilds are nothing but a memory and it's those here now that will continue to empower the guild for the future.
© The KGB Oracle