Quote:

Heheh its been a nostalgic thread. Of Course I wasnt KGB yet at the time this was happening, trying to think what would have been going on in October.

IIRC I would occasionally take a murder on you guys though, I know one of you did something to irritate me like in like March of 98 and I rolled through and smashed you guys up until rep patch occasionally, I know I declared on you with my AoD stone for a while dont think you ever reciprocated though. ( I think you actually thieved something from me Ranker, and got away which pissed me off)

From what I remember your skills revolved around guard kills from hugging GY though =p

You could tell UO pecking order in level of skill by where people hung out.

Deceit Dual room/Bridge > Upper Deceit > Covetious Entrance > Brit Xroads > Random other places > Brit GY

Though when I think about it I think I did start liking you guys when you started fighting PoA, I had a bone to pick with those folk and their buddies, think I might have randomly helped you guys a couple times with that one.

If you looked at our stone, we declared on every single guild on the server. I literally sat there for a 24 hour period and just clicked on every guild humanly possible. Mafia never turned a possible war down nor did we EVER undeclare on any guild that warred us. Many guilds undeclared on us after we rolled them.

If you follow even KGB's posts, you'll see that we roamed everywhere. Nothing was really our "home" other than our various towers. However, the Brit cemetery was most fun simply because that was where chaos ensued during server down time.

You have to remember that Mafia was formed as response toward the carebearization of UO when it cracked down on PK's. My PK crew started in UO beta and basically pushed LoD and LoE off of our server because they couldn't compete with our skill/efficiency. They were the two most dominant PK guilds up until we formed and started monopolizing dungeon runs. Once the Dreadlord days were neutered by OSI's idiotic decision to implement stat loss (we still PK'ed as our pk characters but it wasn't something 24/7 sustainable), we decided to formalize ourselves under TM, The Mafia.

PoA was fun to fight although they were ruthless pricks even to our standards. Before they quit & undeclared on us, they gave us props as being their most difficult opponent. I ran into those guys years later on DAoC. Anyhow, we left UO as a result of no other clan/guild willing to war us. KGB had undeclared and PoA undeclared on us 3 months afterward after we took over both of their towers.

Don't pretend you declared on us. Even Jetstar's pic showed the only guilds that had balls to remain at war with us were 1) KGB 2) PoA. We always reciprocated. Our only motivation to play was to PvP/PK. We cared for little else. We don't roleplay like KGB does with all of their ranks and what not. We played to PvP. You may have mistaken our guild for many of the wannabe guilds that ran around trying to be our copy cats such as Costra Nostra, Britian Mafia, etc.

Anyhow, regardless, its good to hear there are old faces still around =)