KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 27 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,016,951 Trump card
1,338,810 Picture Thread
477,749 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well come help!!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
He's not suggesting that you dictate, merely that you act, and by acting prove that others should be following you, and then they will come to you. Its more like "if you build it they will come" than "everyone do as I say because I'm the leader!"

if we could get the alliance to come to our server
that would be great but i did not consider it to be the huge step back others did.
im not sure exactly how to go about that and it is truely better to have alliance in one voice ops
i fully intend to use vent with mumble in the background atm when not in alliance activities just for the global shouts ect pretty sure it wont be a big loss on pc power.. seems a small thing

if we could get a alliance to move to our vent there would be most likely more non kgb in it than kgb and our vent would grow full very fast and if we got our own mumble and moved to that for dfo we will still have a vent and a mumble defeating the purpose of not wanting 2 voice ops.
suggestions?
generally speaking mine would be to reopen our mumble get rid of ventrillo its old costly and limited compared to mumble and attempt to offer our mumble to the alliance as well if its so important...but i think they have been running theirs for a bit and prob see no reason to change.and we would be rocking the boat so to speak for a trivial reason(which kgb did in dfo more often than not)
opinions?

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
When the new DF starts you should stay as far away from alliances as possible and DO NOTHING but work on your characters. The second you enter an alliance is the second you have "obligations".

If indeed they changed the game for the better then a small group is better benefited by staying small and focusing on CHARACTER building and not getting anywhere near alliances and having other people dictate how you play and what you have to do.

If you start that game as an alliance then I can guarantee you will always be stuck in that alliance having to do what they tell you.

OMG GAIS WE BILD SITAH NEED MATERIALZ GOH FHARM GAIS

2 days later...

PEEKAYZ IHN TEH TOHWN PWNZING ERRY1 BUHT NONEZ CAHN FITE PURFUL EMENIES!

This is the 3rd round of this games launch. (counting beta)

Stick to KGB's original plan and you cannot fail.

It is easier to build toons at launch then later in and by having better toons and more combat experience fighting with each other since it will make the alliances who want fighters really come looking for you.

Play smart not hard. When you play smart you are automatically playing twice as hard as bads.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I agree with Mor, understood if trying to play other games at launch.

[Linked Image]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
theres merit to what donk says i just know kgb and can imagine what voice ops will sound like when we live in a chaos city and people cant deal with it cuz we dont have enough around.
this round of dfo my understanding is walls actually keep fuckers out and you wont have random asshole hoping over to stir shit up but we will see.
but fact is imo the original plan for dfo laid out above by donk
is in fact the way to go it keeps you off peoples radar and out of obvious spots people will go looking for pvp aka cities.
problem there is if we have so few that its genarally only 2 or 3 on at a time then at times its gonna get rough
we need to have 10 or so actives on at most times to make the chaos city senario work in our favor so that we dont have people alone with targets on them

this is a important discussion and could affect how we go into this launch of darkfall i really think we should discuss this further
poke yer bros and get them to come share their opinion on it if they have intrest in dfuw

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I really think there will be more groups based out of major cities with the new questing system and anti griefing measures they supposedly are taking.

If that is indeed the case then it seems that utilizing the start of the game to build toons and amass wealth instead of going into any alliance and get roped into city building and that aspect of the game at launch is the better route.

It's something to consider really hard. I can say that everytime we come across Yak's Bend in GW2 we see OTG groups out in the field and we stomp the shit out of them when we are outnumbered 3 and 4 to 1. I don't know any of them playing in DF but the ones that show for them in GW2 really make me want to stay as far away from them as possible.

Remember, PLAY THE GAME NOT THE POLITICS.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
No chaos city's anymore ingame, mobs around npc cities will be little to no loot or gold, its good for noobs but most will need to go out and risk being killed, or ally up and farm out of cities. In my opinion it would be better to jump right in learn game, have at least 5 solid pvpers dueling and goin out to find fights, see how it plays out with clans and alliances then make a choice on next step. If we ally up, now that I think of it, with otg we will be locked in and it will be harder to break off if its a bad call.

[Linked Image]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i have no intention of having kgb build ciyties on launch in fact im adimately against it.
however im not opposed to living out of a city owned by another guild but we r not building .(otg currently has about 50)and we r on the alliances roster if we want to change that we need to act fast.
and yes the npc cities now have shitty mobs around them and shitty loot as well as crap to harvest so if you live in npc cities yer fucking yerself a lot
i think the main thing really needs to just be we dont build cities and that probly needs to be understood by our alliance that we r looking to skill and not build and if thats a issue we can deal with it then
its my understanding that this ism a fairly strong alliance in current dfo

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'll have a very limited time to play, that is one of the reasons that i didnt participate in the debate and meetings.
THe main problem to you guys will be arrange you game time to play together, there is no doubt the KGB in DF will be in reduced numbers, farming in the beggining will be very competitive because everybody will want gold and skills quickly.

About OTG quality, they have a core dedicated pvpers that are playing together, so no doubt that they have skills, and those do not play GW2, they were really dedicated to DF. So guys if you want to become better pvpers they will offer good training, and they are seazoned, I do not think they will make the errors that KGB did at DF1. Also you guys do not have to worry about being pushed, because OTG style is not that, if was that KGB would be out of OTG alliance in the last year of DF1 because all player inactivity.

But back to DF again, I have the experience of the active account for the last 3 years, and I know how is problematic do not have any KGB on, I went to several Alliances events like Sea Tower and Sieges being the only one or two of KGB.

You guys are enthusiast to play DF2, the main problem will be match the play time!.

Last edited by Mithus; 11/16/12 06:16 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Guys,
The alliance we are in is a well established and low commitment alliance. We hafve been in it for over a year and people like Critter are highly respected. I think you guys are considering this as a launch and not the continuation of a faction that has been running even with just 2 or three people for a long long time.

I dont see any draw back to being in this alliance.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard