KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,198 Trump card
1,342,008 Picture Thread
479,923 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: critter
hey if you want i been talking to the guys and i have an allance set up for us in df2 the mumble info is mumble.rpmfiles.net Port: 64738 Pwd: flash
and its a 400 man mumble so you can bring it up when you have the meating the allance will be otg /seek and destory /black sheep /kgb and greef

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Yay, lets split us into yet another communication device!

TBH, if you ever expect to bring in the random stray KGB that may choose to play with us, we have to keep our communications, for all games, on one Ventrilo.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i cant disagree but in this case what are we to do the alliance has a full server set up for everyone.

(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: morlander
i cant disagree but in this case what are we to do the alliance has a full server set up for everyone.

Do whatever is necessary, but understand that you will most likely receive less KGB members, as those who do not choose DF as their primary game, but are interested in playing casually, may not switch Vents or may just consider not playing due to the need for yet another form of communication, when their primary game will be on the KGB Vent.

GW2, PS2, and Salem are all on the JetStar Vent, and I just do not see many people enjoying the constant switching of voice comms, but to each his own and I will still be giving it a go.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I observed a lot of strange reactions from new recruits in GW2 when I mention we use Vent. Something along the lines "Vent? Ewww, is it like ICQ?"

Are we falling behind times? I see mumble mentioned a lot, should we make a push to modernize?

[Linked Image]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
STOP USING OTHER PEOPLES COMMS.

Go on our vent. Tell them if they want to play with you to come to vent.

Stop acting like jackasses.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
the alliances arent anything like any of those other games
if we where the big fish and not struggling to get 20 of our actives to commit maybe we would start off a lot stronger and be able to push for something like that but as is we r the small fish
id honestly probly use both at times but its a fact of the game that with the entire alliance in one server to chat things cant be reacted to much faster.
anyone who played dfo knows it.
should we just be kgb un allies and sit in our vent and accomplish nothing?

makes no sence to me
at the same time i agree 100% with romeos point of the pain in the ass of multiple communication mediums but constructive critisism please give advise on what to do rather than just attack and be upset.. and say we r acting like jackasses?? that confused me
anyone with any ideas to make this better? if not its probly going to be what we have to go with for launch i will use kgb vent as well i assume mumble probly for some command channel just to know if we r under attack ect

darkfall launch date pushed back 3 weeks btw
http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3366

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Look, we have learned this lesson multiple times. If you are playing the game and doing something and in our vent then anyone that sees you doing something will go to where you are.

The solution is to just not use stupid mumble. Like your old school anti drug commercials used to say. Just don't do it.

Be ALPHA and do what you want to do in the game while being in our vent and people will go there. It is really not hard and I never understood why we have so many people just willing to follow for the sake of following.

EDIT: Also remember the lesson you learned in DF. Stay away from early city building and politics and FOCUS SOLELY ON TOON DEVELOPMENT.

If KGB only has 5 actives then play like you are only 5 people. Group together and noone else and build your toons and do not worry about anything else at all.

You should not even be looking to PvP for the first 2 months of the game unless you find a really solid hunting ground.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 11/14/12 05:55 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
First of all I have my own Mumble that I will bring back online.

Second, we are used to being the big dog, and now we are just a small tiny tiny guild, so we do what we have to as an alliance member and not leader. We dont have the clout to dictate!

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
He's not suggesting that you dictate, merely that you act, and by acting prove that others should be following you, and then they will come to you. Its more like "if you build it they will come" than "everyone do as I say because I'm the leader!"

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard