The KGB Oracle
Posted By: JetStar DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: critter
hey if you want i been talking to the guys and i have an allance set up for us in df2 the mumble info is mumble.rpmfiles.net Port: 64738 Pwd: flash
and its a 400 man mumble so you can bring it up when you have the meating the allance will be otg /seek and destory /black sheep /kgb and greef
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 06:51 AM
Yay, lets split us into yet another communication device!

TBH, if you ever expect to bring in the random stray KGB that may choose to play with us, we have to keep our communications, for all games, on one Ventrilo.
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 11:47 AM
i cant disagree but in this case what are we to do the alliance has a full server set up for everyone.
Posted By: Romeo_Montague Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: morlander
i cant disagree but in this case what are we to do the alliance has a full server set up for everyone.

Do whatever is necessary, but understand that you will most likely receive less KGB members, as those who do not choose DF as their primary game, but are interested in playing casually, may not switch Vents or may just consider not playing due to the need for yet another form of communication, when their primary game will be on the KGB Vent.

GW2, PS2, and Salem are all on the JetStar Vent, and I just do not see many people enjoying the constant switching of voice comms, but to each his own and I will still be giving it a go.
Posted By: Sini Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 08:13 PM
I observed a lot of strange reactions from new recruits in GW2 when I mention we use Vent. Something along the lines "Vent? Ewww, is it like ICQ?"

Are we falling behind times? I see mumble mentioned a lot, should we make a push to modernize?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 11:09 PM
STOP USING OTHER PEOPLES COMMS.

Go on our vent. Tell them if they want to play with you to come to vent.

Stop acting like jackasses.
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/14/12 11:58 PM
the alliances arent anything like any of those other games
if we where the big fish and not struggling to get 20 of our actives to commit maybe we would start off a lot stronger and be able to push for something like that but as is we r the small fish
id honestly probly use both at times but its a fact of the game that with the entire alliance in one server to chat things cant be reacted to much faster.
anyone who played dfo knows it.
should we just be kgb un allies and sit in our vent and accomplish nothing?

makes no sence to me
at the same time i agree 100% with romeos point of the pain in the ass of multiple communication mediums but constructive critisism please give advise on what to do rather than just attack and be upset.. and say we r acting like jackasses?? that confused me
anyone with any ideas to make this better? if not its probly going to be what we have to go with for launch i will use kgb vent as well i assume mumble probly for some command channel just to know if we r under attack ect

darkfall launch date pushed back 3 weeks btw
http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3366
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 12:52 AM
Look, we have learned this lesson multiple times. If you are playing the game and doing something and in our vent then anyone that sees you doing something will go to where you are.

The solution is to just not use stupid mumble. Like your old school anti drug commercials used to say. Just don't do it.

Be ALPHA and do what you want to do in the game while being in our vent and people will go there. It is really not hard and I never understood why we have so many people just willing to follow for the sake of following.

EDIT: Also remember the lesson you learned in DF. Stay away from early city building and politics and FOCUS SOLELY ON TOON DEVELOPMENT.

If KGB only has 5 actives then play like you are only 5 people. Group together and noone else and build your toons and do not worry about anything else at all.

You should not even be looking to PvP for the first 2 months of the game unless you find a really solid hunting ground.
Posted By: JetStar Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 04:06 AM
First of all I have my own Mumble that I will bring back online.

Second, we are used to being the big dog, and now we are just a small tiny tiny guild, so we do what we have to as an alliance member and not leader. We dont have the clout to dictate!
Posted By: Kaotic Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 04:37 AM
He's not suggesting that you dictate, merely that you act, and by acting prove that others should be following you, and then they will come to you. Its more like "if you build it they will come" than "everyone do as I say because I'm the leader!"
Posted By: JetStar Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 07:29 AM
Well come help!!
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 11:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
He's not suggesting that you dictate, merely that you act, and by acting prove that others should be following you, and then they will come to you. Its more like "if you build it they will come" than "everyone do as I say because I'm the leader!"

if we could get the alliance to come to our server
that would be great but i did not consider it to be the huge step back others did.
im not sure exactly how to go about that and it is truely better to have alliance in one voice ops
i fully intend to use vent with mumble in the background atm when not in alliance activities just for the global shouts ect pretty sure it wont be a big loss on pc power.. seems a small thing

if we could get a alliance to move to our vent there would be most likely more non kgb in it than kgb and our vent would grow full very fast and if we got our own mumble and moved to that for dfo we will still have a vent and a mumble defeating the purpose of not wanting 2 voice ops.
suggestions?
generally speaking mine would be to reopen our mumble get rid of ventrillo its old costly and limited compared to mumble and attempt to offer our mumble to the alliance as well if its so important...but i think they have been running theirs for a bit and prob see no reason to change.and we would be rocking the boat so to speak for a trivial reason(which kgb did in dfo more often than not)
opinions?
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 04:50 PM
When the new DF starts you should stay as far away from alliances as possible and DO NOTHING but work on your characters. The second you enter an alliance is the second you have "obligations".

If indeed they changed the game for the better then a small group is better benefited by staying small and focusing on CHARACTER building and not getting anywhere near alliances and having other people dictate how you play and what you have to do.

If you start that game as an alliance then I can guarantee you will always be stuck in that alliance having to do what they tell you.

OMG GAIS WE BILD SITAH NEED MATERIALZ GOH FHARM GAIS

2 days later...

PEEKAYZ IHN TEH TOHWN PWNZING ERRY1 BUHT NONEZ CAHN FITE PURFUL EMENIES!

This is the 3rd round of this games launch. (counting beta)

Stick to KGB's original plan and you cannot fail.

It is easier to build toons at launch then later in and by having better toons and more combat experience fighting with each other since it will make the alliances who want fighters really come looking for you.

Play smart not hard. When you play smart you are automatically playing twice as hard as bads.
Posted By: GearHead-Bearrok Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/15/12 07:02 PM
I agree with Mor, understood if trying to play other games at launch.
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/16/12 12:18 AM
theres merit to what donk says i just know kgb and can imagine what voice ops will sound like when we live in a chaos city and people cant deal with it cuz we dont have enough around.
this round of dfo my understanding is walls actually keep fuckers out and you wont have random asshole hoping over to stir shit up but we will see.
but fact is imo the original plan for dfo laid out above by donk
is in fact the way to go it keeps you off peoples radar and out of obvious spots people will go looking for pvp aka cities.
problem there is if we have so few that its genarally only 2 or 3 on at a time then at times its gonna get rough
we need to have 10 or so actives on at most times to make the chaos city senario work in our favor so that we dont have people alone with targets on them

this is a important discussion and could affect how we go into this launch of darkfall i really think we should discuss this further
poke yer bros and get them to come share their opinion on it if they have intrest in dfuw
Posted By: Donkleaps Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/16/12 02:43 AM
I really think there will be more groups based out of major cities with the new questing system and anti griefing measures they supposedly are taking.

If that is indeed the case then it seems that utilizing the start of the game to build toons and amass wealth instead of going into any alliance and get roped into city building and that aspect of the game at launch is the better route.

It's something to consider really hard. I can say that everytime we come across Yak's Bend in GW2 we see OTG groups out in the field and we stomp the shit out of them when we are outnumbered 3 and 4 to 1. I don't know any of them playing in DF but the ones that show for them in GW2 really make me want to stay as far away from them as possible.

Remember, PLAY THE GAME NOT THE POLITICS.
Posted By: GearHead-Bearrok Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/16/12 07:18 AM
No chaos city's anymore ingame, mobs around npc cities will be little to no loot or gold, its good for noobs but most will need to go out and risk being killed, or ally up and farm out of cities. In my opinion it would be better to jump right in learn game, have at least 5 solid pvpers dueling and goin out to find fights, see how it plays out with clans and alliances then make a choice on next step. If we ally up, now that I think of it, with otg we will be locked in and it will be harder to break off if its a bad call.
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/16/12 11:48 AM
i have no intention of having kgb build ciyties on launch in fact im adimately against it.
however im not opposed to living out of a city owned by another guild but we r not building .(otg currently has about 50)and we r on the alliances roster if we want to change that we need to act fast.
and yes the npc cities now have shitty mobs around them and shitty loot as well as crap to harvest so if you live in npc cities yer fucking yerself a lot
i think the main thing really needs to just be we dont build cities and that probly needs to be understood by our alliance that we r looking to skill and not build and if thats a issue we can deal with it then
its my understanding that this ism a fairly strong alliance in current dfo
Posted By: Mithus Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/16/12 01:15 PM
I'll have a very limited time to play, that is one of the reasons that i didnt participate in the debate and meetings.
THe main problem to you guys will be arrange you game time to play together, there is no doubt the KGB in DF will be in reduced numbers, farming in the beggining will be very competitive because everybody will want gold and skills quickly.

About OTG quality, they have a core dedicated pvpers that are playing together, so no doubt that they have skills, and those do not play GW2, they were really dedicated to DF. So guys if you want to become better pvpers they will offer good training, and they are seazoned, I do not think they will make the errors that KGB did at DF1. Also you guys do not have to worry about being pushed, because OTG style is not that, if was that KGB would be out of OTG alliance in the last year of DF1 because all player inactivity.

But back to DF again, I have the experience of the active account for the last 3 years, and I know how is problematic do not have any KGB on, I went to several Alliances events like Sea Tower and Sieges being the only one or two of KGB.

You guys are enthusiast to play DF2, the main problem will be match the play time!.
Posted By: JetStar Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/18/12 05:18 PM
Guys,
The alliance we are in is a well established and low commitment alliance. We hafve been in it for over a year and people like Critter are highly respected. I think you guys are considering this as a launch and not the continuation of a faction that has been running even with just 2 or three people for a long long time.

I dont see any draw back to being in this alliance.
Posted By: Morlander Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/18/12 06:35 PM
i think jets right honestly
in a perfect world id prefer to go in alliance free and do nothing but skill up and recruit and attempt to bring our other long time kgb members back into the game preferaly ammasing a nice and skilled force and then choose a alliance to get ourselves the property of our choice(andruk ftw) but thats not likely to be how things play out
fact is we will probl need to get out away from npc cities to make any kinds of strides forward and without chaos cities that implies a city or hamlet to live in and possibly allies to help defend against invaders.
THE POST BELOW MINE KICKS ASS
Posted By: Corpus Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/22/12 06:06 AM
I too would rather go alliance free, but unfortunately that is unrealistic in today’s gaming environment, I will spare you the rant of how that in my opinion is in large part what destroys gaming, no more me and one other standing in destard waiting for reds to show up… you need the numbers or a ncp town to hide in shame in.

Keeping one comms is great and I am for that but it is unrealistic for us to think that our .001 percent of active members in vent will keep people in our vent. I have seen us with 60 people in vent/mumble and me the only KGB. History has proved that even when we could provide the service it is the people who fielded the numbers who's com programs the alliance went to.

I too was reluctant to go from vent to mumble… but the difference blew my mind. No more one guy getting on 2000% louder than the next…… in vent many people I had to adjust each time they logged in even if in the middle of battle. We have to adapt to the times.

OTG has expressed much interest in friendship with KGB in df2, even members of OTG that have given up on df1 have logged in just to reach out to KGB to see our intent in df2. (Who we have been allied with for years? now for those of you that have not around) I expressed our desire to remain friends. There are others like S&D that we have meaning to too. Living alone out of a chaos city didn't seem to work out too well for us in the past. OTG has passed up alliance invites because KGB refused to be adsorbed when we didn't have the numbers (even though OTG could field between 30-50 peeps). I think they have already proved their friendship and have earned mine if not KGB's respect. I think we would be foolish and it would reflect badly upon us if we did not offer our hand to OTG at least. It was in no small part that KGB was able to fly our flag to the end because if their love.

KGB strength in an alliance directly comes from the value we provide be it the number of people we can field in battle or whatever, KGB’s strength. IMHO that is what we need to focus on.. whose/what com program… meh… Let’s focus on getting our shit together, if we do we can, we can call the shots, if not we don’t deserve to. Our goals have to be in line with our capabilities.
Posted By: Mithus Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/23/12 08:59 PM
Ismash is all righ, you guys need to read the last blog post about the new gui and new points and etc.. DF will favour large clans by what I had read on this new blog post.
Posted By: Jaak Mehoff Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/23/12 09:41 PM
If i understand it right Chaos cities are no more so u wont have that as a option. But now every race can go to any npc city but loot and harvesting will be greatly reduced in protected areas. So i think we will def need to be getting in a alliance or something to give us access to a city.
Posted By: Corpus Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/24/12 04:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
When the new DF starts you should stay as far away from alliances as possible and DO NOTHING but work on your characters. The second you enter an alliance is the second you have "obligations".

Donk, I agree with this 100% conceptually- but what happened to/for me in df1 was there were clans that farmed the people outside ncp cities in attempt to get members... it actually works. Outside a ncp city alone is the worse place to try and develop a character. Clans can give the appearance of power/control to new people when they are seen 'dominating'. I actually think this could be pulled off effectively but would require organisation (and maybe behind the scene alliances).

Originally Posted By: Donkleaps

It is easier to build toons at launch then later ..... Play smart not hard....

If we take a wait and lets see approach expect to start behind the leaders... and fail. We all get discouraged at entering a race we are already losing...

As many of us that may be interested should start asap and not take a lets wait and see attitude. Without all our participation there can be only one outcome.
Posted By: Cheerio Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 11/30/12 01:19 AM
just read ismash's post and stfu.

he knows what hes talking about. over the last year or more, we actives have cultivated personal relationships with many otg. if it wasnt for them, we would have been living out of chaos cities and houses.
many of us have had the experience if being the only kgb on a boat or siege. we were respected by the alliance nonetheless.

so get mumble and use it, or play alone.
Posted By: Atomsk Re: DFO Alliance Info from Critter! - 12/02/12 06:21 PM
At the whole thing Donk said about Character Progression:
There are now player points. So character progression can happen easily while being in a clan.
(There are Clan Points along with that and special achivs that give you points from being in a Clan)
The game is no longer the old Darkfall but everyone here is treating it like it is.
You guys need to stop thinking that this is the old Darkfall, because yes i know Unholy Wars info is hard to find, but as somebody that has been keeping up with it.
The game is diffrent, it is NOT going to play like the OG Darkfall, stop talking like it is.
I didnt believe that concept until i really found out even deeper info about Unholy Wars. This game is seriously diffrent.

In example, people are Comparing WoW to GW2, and asking about questing and such things.
WoW to GW2, looks alike but plays differently.
Unholy Wars will not play like Darkfall.
© The KGB Oracle