I have had several direct communications with Higby over the last several months now about putting together an option for Clan level invites into Beta. After much discussion and having an open dialogue about his concerns and Beta limitations I think I may have finally brokered some middle ground that Higgles thinks he maybe able to push. The end of GDC (Game Developers Conf.) which is the next major engagement for PS2 should bare some new information for KGB.

The premise would be that those who are tagged as a "Clan" Beta invite would have to log an average of 10 hours a week in game testing. Additionally those in this program would have to participate in the stress testing of the "Unit" functionality of that game mechanic. Higby went on to say that based on some simple SQL querries they would monitor activity and then revoke beta access for Clans who were not living up to the arrangement. There were several other moving parts to this discussion, and I am not going to get into them right now.

So, here is the deal at a high level, with no commitment on SOE's part.

SOE Requirements
1) You have to have an active SOE Station Account
2) You have to have applied to the PS2 Beta with the email account on file for said active SOE Station Account.
3) Your Station Account has to be in good standing.
4) Your play time in PS2 must exceed "X" amount of hours per week.
5) You must participate in active feedback of a quantitative and qualitative basis that is value added (See: No whining)
6) You must participate in a majority of dedicated stress tests.

KGB Requirements
1) There will be a prime time engagement every night of the week.
2) You must participate in 2 out of 7 prime time engagements a week.
3) You will group up in a squad and you will work on squad mechanics. While not all of your play time will be dedicated to this, at fair percentage will.
4) Anyone who goes inactive (see: MIA) will be removed from the "Clan" beta invite.

This is a work in progress and subject to change without notice as we are at the whim of SOE and a squirrel begging for a nut in their world.

If you are interested in PS2 Beta access I highly suggest that you go to SOE - Station Account and either ensure your Account is active and you have access to it or register a new account.

Then you need to take note of the email address of your Active Station Account and then go to PS2 Official Site and on the bottom right hand corner submit your request for Beta Access and ensure the email you enter is the same email as your Active Station Account.

That is all.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!