Originally Posted By: Vuldan
I must say this entire thread had me rolling. It used to be a serious issue for me Krayton, in the early days of UO when I would play for 36 to 48 hour straight stints and my wife would really give me shit over it. Time changes, things move on, and she finally realized that as was noted by someone else, I was home, I was available if she needed me and that was much better than me being out.

Then, Krayton, you told us she also plays the game. Seriously? And she does not understand? If she is not KGB, obvious, then why not? And does she herself use Vent? If you were both in Vent, this would not be a problem. It smacks of jealousy to me, that your new friends in KGB are better than hers. Have her join up bro, or sit in vent as a guest. Get a new headset and rock on (of course, if your in the army, you wont be around much for the next 3 to 6 months depending on MOS)

Vuldan has a good point. My lady back in the day was similar; hated me on the headset because she felt I couldn't hear her (which I couldnt, lol) however I eventually showed her how she could log into the Vent (on our old server) and she would just come harass me that way when she needed something. In the end it worked out pretty well...until I kicked that tramp to the curb!

Current lady, hates the headset too, but doesn't mind if I use Vent without the headphones.
Thats why everyone always hears themseleves through my speakers.
(I also cannot hear my son crying in his crib when my headset is on.)

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]